mtbr member

DHX Air 5.0 or Roco Air TST R

Alright, after nearly a year my Fox DHX Air 3.0 is finally going out. I have heard the horror stories about the 3.0 and have been lucky thus far. But just recently, I have noticed the shock is no longer holding good air pressure in the main chamber and the boost valve. By the end of my ride pressure is extermly low.

Now, I have some extra B-day money and I am torn between the DHX Air 5.0 and the Marzocchi Roco Air TST R as a replacement. Wanted to see what you seasoned vets recommend.

Thanks

mtbr member
    what about a cane creek double barrel? better than both but a bit pricier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarney19
    Alright, after nearly a year my Fox DHX Air 3.0 is finally going out. I have heard the horror stories about the 3.0 and have been lucky thus far. But just recently, I have noticed the shock is no longer holding good air pressure in the main chamber and the boost valve. By the end of my ride pressure is extermly low.

Now, I have some extra B-day money and I am torn between the DHX Air 5.0 and the Marzocchi Roco Air TST R as a replacement. Wanted to see what you seasoned vets recommend.
    Thanks
    What bike?

mtbr member
    Felt Redemption 2.

mtbr member
    Felt Redemption 2.
    I have a dhx5 air and a TST R coil and a ROCO WC air.

They all work pretty well. I usually like my bikes to be plush and both can be setup plush but I believe the TST-R has an edge in plushness.
    I think the dhx is lighter.

The TST works differently than the ROCO. The TST dial on the ROCO rapidly stiffens the shock throughout its entire stroke.
    The DHX-a has a platform that restricts the shocks initial movement but once the threshold is exceeded, should move fairly easily.
    Both have Bottom out control.
    It's a tough decision because the dhx-a has been improved over the last couple years.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks
    Don't forget option C - getting your current shock PUSHed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    Don't forget option C - getting your current shock PUSHed.
    PUSH does not work on the DHX air.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    PUSH does not work on the DHX air.
    Oops. I forgot that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ROCO air feels more like a coil than the DHX, but unless you are a big guy with a high leverage ration bike and or fallling rate suspension, getting full travel is unlikely. The air spring ramps up huge towards the end of the stroke. It's also the heaviest air shock made.
    A ROCO coil/ti spring is very close in weight. 08' DHX-A's were way overdamped for me. No way to turn pro-pedal off. Don't know about 09/10 models.

mtbr member
    thanks ya'll