Thread: DHX Air 5.0

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

DHX Air 5.0

So I got my first full suspension bike. I am lost with the Pro Pedal. It is NOT a lockout. In either position the rear is still active. I have ridden it both ways and feel no difference. Can anybody explain Pro Pedal and it's relationship the the boost chamber.

I checked Fox site and it helped with setup of sag and rebound but as far as boost and Pro Pedal I am totally lost.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spivey44 View Post
    So I got my first full suspension bike. I am lost with the Pro Pedal. It is NOT a lockout. In either position the rear is still active. I have ridden it both ways and feel no difference. Can anybody explain Pro Pedal and it's relationship the the boost chamber.

I checked Fox site and it helped with setup of sag and rebound but as far as boost and Pro Pedal I am totally lost.

Thanks
    What year is the DHX ? Older DHX's, w/ the dial knob didn't have much platform on the Propedal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    What year is the DHX ? Older DHX's, w/ the dial knob didn't have much platform on the Propedal.
    2009. Just found this article. It may be of value to me. Thanks.

Climb more efficiently by understanding how ProPedal works. | Bike Stowe

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spivey44 View Post
    2009. Just found this article. It may be of value to me. Thanks.

Climb more efficiently by understanding how ProPedal works. | Bike Stowe
    That's a pretty generic article illustrating an RP23. You could increase the BV pressure and see if the added compression helps the pedalling @ all.

mtbr member
    On the DHX5.0 the valve does not do much. You can only feel on on more "medium" speed hits.
    Bend, Oregon