g3h6o3

Devinci Moonracer pivots

Hello folks,
    I'm tearing down my GFs '07 Devinci Moonracer 3 and doing the pivots while I'm at it as they have never been maintained. I dissassembled the main pivot and was surprised to notice that it runs on bushings instead of bearings.

Given that her bike always creaks and that Devinci's are supposedly known for this "feature", I was wondering if anybody had ever replaced the bushings of the main pivot with appropriate bearings (and possibly other pivots that I'll dissassemble later.) Any reason why this shouldn't be done? Do you think it would work?

While we're at it, my guess is that they use bushings to help with rear end flex. How noticable would this be if I swapped for bearings? My GF is not heavy, I doubt she would notice... Also, how much smoother would the suspension be with bearings instead of bushings?

Thanks
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

g3h6o3
    After dissassembling all pivots, it turns out they all use busings. I regreased everything with white grease and it's much smoother than it was and it's creakless. I doubt it's going to last long but I used white grease since it doesn't attract as much grime as thicker greases.

I'm very surprised as I read many times that Devinci uses roller bearings in their suspension designs. It turns out this doesn't apply to the Moonracers or at least not the '07s, maybe it's only for the Wilson. I'm not too found of bushings as you can tell.

I'm still tempted to switch some of those bushings to bearings (some seem too small to allow such conversion), I think I'll call Devinci to know their opinion on the matter. I'll post back when I get to it.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hi,
    I'm having the same issue with my Moonracer. Did you ever hear back from Devinci on whether or not you can replace the bushings with bearings? If not, how much did you pay for a bushing kit?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NelRock View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having the same issue with my Moonracer. Did you ever hear back from Devinci on whether or not you can replace the bushings with bearings? If not, how much did you pay for a bushing kit?
    Hi guys, just want to let you know it is possible to switch the bushing for bearings, it will actualy be a lot better. You just have to go through your Devinci dealer and ask for it, they will be able to order them for you.