mtbr member

Depreciation of value?

Hey guys,
    I own a '96 Kline Mantra It is a killer bike and I bought it from a guy that neglected to ride it and so it has sat in his garage. Anyway Because it is an original Kline (Kline famously sold to Trek) one of the first robust aluminum frames on the market at the time and it has historical value I was wondering if it would at least retain its value if not rise on the market price because it could be a potential collectors item. Thoughts can you help me? Happy riding.
    "If you have built castles in the air, that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    -Thoreau

mtbr member
    This is the wrong forum for that question. Vintage, Retro and Classic is where you need to be.

You can conduct some research of value yourself, but I will say that the prices offered by a few ebay sellers in particular are not representative of the vintage / collector market.

mtbr member
    Looks like the computer messed up I dont know why my post ended up in this forum. Must be some sort of glich sorry for the inconvenience.
    "If you have built castles in the air, that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    -Thoreau

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Kevin Kline might be interested. Gary might be offended.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."