View Poll Results: On the 160mm travel frame, fork it with a...

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dual Crown 170mm (or 180mm). ....follow thy heart... faster flow

3 60.00%
  • Single Crown 180mm ...follow thy brain...switchbacks!

2 40.00%
    inner peace to make peace

Cool-blue Rhythm DC 170mm or SC 180mm for a "Cali DH" fun bike, Bullit frame?

Help me decide on a used fork for my "Cali DH" trail bike, using an old Santa Cruz Bullit frame with a 160mm Fox Vanilla shock: Dual Crown 170mm (or 180mm) or a Single Crown 180mm?

Hope to run 2x9 gearing with a chain tensioner thingy....

P.s. don't care about weight or needing to push up hills. Want to jump it and get the thrill for speed
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailNut View Post
    Help me decide on a used fork for my "Cali DH" trail bike, using an old Santa Cruz Bullit frame with a 160mm Fox Vanilla shock: Dual Crown 170mm (or 180mm) or a Single Crown 180mm?

Hope to run 2x9 gearing with a chain tensioner thingy....

P.s. don't care about weight or needing to push up hills. Want to jump it and get the thrill for speed
    Go with a single crown for sure. With todays technology a sc fork can get you everything you need, unless you are a serious DH racer or the bike is strictly for park use. They may be a little sketchier at high speed or in the rough, but for the other 75% of the time you will be much happier.... at least, that's what I'm telling my self... I just switched out the old 888 on my Bullit to a 55 Micro Ti. And, while I've only taken it for an around the neighborhood ride so far (hopefully it will get its first dirt today) I can already tell it's gonna be sick!!
    In many ways the bike still feels just as stout and stable as it did with the dc fork, but it is just alot faster, crisper and has totaly lost all slugishness, even with 2.5" tires on it.

The only reason I went with a fork as small as the 55 is because I'm slowly putting together a new rig, and the fork is just the first piece. If I were you and I wanted to go bigger I'd go straight to a 180mm SC fork. I think that geometry on a Bullit would make it one fun ride!