mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Are Components from China on ebay the real thing?

I am shopping for a SR Suntour Epicon X1 fork and seen a few on ebay.
    Are these the real thing or cheap copies? Maybe someone from the company knows this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Maybe, it depends. You need to look closely at the description, price, seller feedback, and other indicators of seller reliability. Do you have a link to the listing in question.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    2013 SR Suntour Epicon x1 Lo R Lite MTB Bike Tapered Fork White 26er 1 5 1 1 8" | eBay

I actually just purchased this so hope it is real thing. Seems like a repitable seller. Looks like the discription matches what Suntour has on their site.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    well I live in Hong Kong, and I buy parts from China oftenly, I bought the same fork from China 6 months ago and I dont think they are fake. there also Sun Ringle rims from China, I dont think they are fake also.....

Waiting for peace
    Almost all the Suntour forks are from China... that's where they are made. The World Cup and other top-end forks and shocks are still made in France.

mtbr member
    May 2012

Are Components from China on ebay the real thing?

God help us all when they're making fake Suntour forks.

mtbr member
    Forks a re usually OE over stock from factories, they buy set numbers from the manufacturer, then have to get rid of the left overs when model years change as the factories won't take them back. It's why odd and brand specific colours of forks turn up on Ebay a lot.

Counterfeiters like things like stems and bars that they can whack out on a cnc lathe or pipe bender from cheap aluminium. Something like a fork is too complicated for them to make passable fakes, since Ebay/Paypal would take the money back off them when customers started complaining.

mtbr member
    I live in China and buy lots of bike stuff on the internet. Much cheaper here than in the US. Most fake stuff in China is easy to spot if you have any idea of what you're looking at. I've never seen fake bike parts in China, except maybe seeing "Shimano" on an obviously crappy part on an obviously crappy bike. Looking for bad spelling is a good way to spot a fake. They kant spel werth a crapp and that's usually the first clue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I bought the fork from China and it is definitely the real thing. Only thing is it does not have low speed compression & rebound adjust like I thought it did. That is my fault though. The forks with low speed compression & rebound are Epicon X1 LO-RC those with it are LO-R I did not realize this until just now. OH well I might see about changing it over if that is possible.