mtbr member

Compare 2010 - 2013 Marzocchi 55 vs 66, RC3 Evo Ti

Heres my situation: I have an adjustable bike that calls for 180m fork and a 160m fork for different types of riding.

I have an '11 float 180, which still performs great, but im finding that i just dont take advantage of the adjustment on my bike since it takes too long change the float's travel internally to do it as often as I would like to change the bike

So I'm looking at either of these marzocchi models mainly since i would like to experience the legendary performance I've read about the last few years

I will likely ride the bike the most with a 160 fork, which had me leaning towards the 55. However, i think i would have to find an older model since I need it to be 160 not 170

if anyone has thoughts to offer i'd appreciate it

EDIT: this question wasnt very specific. The real question is, if its the same '10 or later model year, is there any real difference between the two forks aside from the obvious stiffness and travel (and small bump sensitivity that comes with 20mm more travel)?
    Last edited by ride the biscuit; 02-15-2013 at 01:45 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Call them and ask.

And the 55 Evo Ti I just bought came a warning saying its not for freeride use. Which is weird because the 2012's were