mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Changing travel to a RS Recon 327

Hi there,

I want to change my Recon from 100mm to 130. I know that what i have to do y replace the spacer it has, and i've seen the official manual. However i'll like to see any other manual with more photos and explanations about how to do it.

Thanks

sweet!
    Just follow the O-ring replacement service as outlined in the on-line service manual (they have plenty of step by step pictures), I believe on page 5 they have a diagram of the location of the all travel spacers, remove the spacer(s), add new fluid, assemble, ride, have a cool beverage, and admire your handy work!

BTW did your Recon come with a shock pump?
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondhead
    Just follow the O-ring replacement service as outlined in the on-line service manual (they have plenty of step by step pictures), I believe on page 5 they have a diagram of the location of the all travel spacers, remove the spacer(s), add new fluid, assemble, ride, have a cool beverage, and admire your handy work!

BTW did your Recon come with a shock pump?
    Thanks for the reply.
    No it didn't, perhaps because it was OEM version.

Bye

sweet!
    Good luck on the fork service, it can seem a bit intimidating the first time you open your fork, but it's not that bad.

I just received a new Recon 327 120mm version in the mail, and I didn't come with a pump, I was confused because it wasn't sold as an OE take-off or an OE surplus. Thanx for your input.
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez