mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Change Travel on 2012 120mm SID XX?

Managed to find a good deal on a set of 2012 120mm dual air SID XX's but really, 100mm is the sweet spot for my frame - does anyone know if its possible to change the travel on these?
    I know that you could add/remove spacers on the older Rockshox and am pretty sure that you cant on the '13's but I'm not sure about these...

I tried looking for a manual but the only on i could find was labelled 2011 (http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/bg...al-manual.pdf). Is this the same manual as for the '12 forks?

Looking around forums most seem to suggest that you can (but none really seem definite), searching for the travel spacers they are always advertised as 'NOT compatible with 2012 SID/ Reba/ Revelation Solo Air Spring'. Does this mean that they dont fit solo air forks only (and therefore are fine for the dual air SID's).

Would the forks come with spacers for use?

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks,

Graham.

mtbr member

Change Travel on 2012 120mm SID XX?

Search for the 2012 spare parts guide. The corresponding diagram will show you if spacers can be added or if you must buy a different air spring.
    "This isn't the ******* comedy hour. Sober up and do it right."

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks Shirley.

I had a look at the spares catalogue (p.36-38 of http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/QX..._spc_rev_c.pdf).

Looks like the parts are all the same regardless of travel and the 'all travel spacer kit' (part 38) is included in the spring assembly suggesting that you can change the travel but then in the notes they say...
    "6. 2012 SID 26 maximum travel setting = 120mm... Internal and chassis parts NOT compatible with SID 26 100mm max travel.- Please note kit description travel specifications before ordering." ...which seems contradictory.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

mtbr member
    Just looked at the diagram in the pdf you linked. That fork *can* be set to a lower travel using spacers.

The warning is just telling you that the 120mm SID internals can't be used on the 80/100mm SID fork chassis. Separate part numbers for the 80/100mm SID.

If the fork doesn't come with any loose spacers, check with your LBS first. Or google the part number (listed in the spare parts diagram) and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where to buy them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks Shirley!