"El Whatever"

CCDB Air... how to open air canister?

Cane Creek claims the air canister on their new CCDB can be serviced without touching the damper (or so I've read).

I believe them, but I looked at this pic and I can't figure out how, so obviously I'm missing something. Kind of same thing for the Vivid Air, but on the Vivid air you can get the air adapter from RS and do it at home.

Any ideas??
    Do you have to send the shock to Cane Creek every time it needs service? Maybe a competent Moto-shop?

Quoting...

"Having said that, one of our design criteria for the DBair was that it should be serviceable without opening the damper, meaning you can service all of the air seals without opening the damper ,and we accomplished that."

Cane Creek DBair Shock ? The Full Story (video) - BikeRadar
    Last edited by Warp; 09-07-2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Email : support@canecreek.com . Pretty sure they could tell you if the shock's air sleeve is user serviceable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    thanks warp, now i want one

moaaar shimz
    I have the service manual for the CCDB. It's quite a hassle, but given the tools I'd be willing to do it for ya

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Cane Creek claims the air canister on their new CCDB can be serviced without touching the damper (or so I've read).

I believe them, but I looked at this pic and I can't figure out how, so obviously I'm missing something. Kind of same thing for the Vivid Air, but on the Vivid air you can get the air adapter from RS and do it at home.

Any ideas??
    Do you have to send the shock to Cane Creek every time it needs service? Maybe a competent Moto-shop?
    ]
    Yes, watch the video on Pinkbike - search DBAir. They say you remove an O-ring in the back and the whole air can will slide off of the hydraulic system. You will also be able to vary the volume in the air by adding inserts, in order, to tune it for different leverage ratio bikes.

mtbr member
    Gravedig. Tacubaya, tried to PM you for the manual to do this but your inbox must be full. Has anyone had any luck getting the damn inner air can off? Taking the outer off for volume adjustments is cool, but doesn't give access to any of the dynamic seals for a sleeve service.

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Just take the the outer can off and suck some float fluid through the transfer ports. Unless your seals are leaking.