mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Cannondale Lefty Helicoil replacement

I have been searching endlessly for any info regarding Helicoil replacement for my Lefty Max 130mm. Lots of forums and chatrooms state M10-1 helicoil for replacement. This size doesn't even come close to fitting in my lower. Has anyone ever replaced one of these that might have some insight? Some forums say that you don't need to pre-drill, and the helicoil just turns right in. My lower opening seems to have a lot smaller diameter than the M10-1 size diameter, and im hesitant to drill out any part of the Lefty. Any help would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTfreefall View Post
    I have been searching endlessly for any info regarding Helicoil replacement for my Lefty Max 130mm. Lots of forums and chatrooms state M10-1 helicoil for replacement. This size doesn't even come close to fitting in my lower. Has anyone ever replaced one of these that might have some insight? Some forums say that you don't need to pre-drill, and the helicoil just turns right in. My lower opening seems to have a lot smaller diameter than the M10-1 size diameter, and im hesitant to drill out any part of the Lefty. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Try posting in the cannondale forum or PM mendoncyclesmith, he's the lefty man.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cannondale sells the helicoil repair kit under Part number KH057/. Comes with a little hand tool and instructions.