Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    okay well anyway I'm gonna use a needle bearing kit for the top eyelet and as for the lower one, I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you for the picture

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    can someone explain for me the positive thing with needle bearings?!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Less resistance than a bushing do moves with less force

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    thanks! will order right away. on my bushing it says 22x8, should I go for the 21.85 or 22,20?

Keep on Rockin...

Amazing shock....

With more hard miles on this shock I wanted to re-post regarding performance....

This shock is focking amazing.

It is very controlled through its entire travel range. I think since it is matched with such a good suspension design (Knolly), any potential negatives with a coil are absent:

Ramps up perfectly, even better than my air Fox X2, on bigger hits. Then rebounds in a non-bucking, controlled manner, and keeps you planted to the ground.

Smooth off the top but not at all mushy like one might expect out of a coil.

The climb switch is the real deal. The matching increase in damping both LSC and LSR really works well for tech climbing. The lever is easy to use, and can be easily applied in a graduated manner. Its not an all or nothing setting.

When I did have questions for Cane Creek, it was easy and very helpful to speak with them directly.

5 stars

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Guys!

IT's gone, no cracking nuts anymore.
    Recipe: lock your bike in a cellar for 2 weeks , then take it out, hike with it 5 km on a steep climb.

Have ridden it today really hard, its a fabulous shock! You can feel every turn you make on the dials. Lowered the LSC and LSR a bit , HSC too and it is just smooooth, like you forget there is a shock, he just takes it all and does not let you know..

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    They told me today that they still do not have a fix for the clunking noise.

"unfortunately at the moment we do not have a solution. It is certainly a priority for us but I can't give you an estimate at this point. As mentioned, you are welcome to keep riding the loaner until we have a solution, or if you are not confident with that, we can offer to trade in the Coil IL for a different shock. Let me know, thanks we appreciate your patience with us."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sohl View Post
    thanks! will order right away. on my bushing it says 22x8, should I go for the 21.85 or 22,20?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreys View Post
    I have 2015 Intense Tracer T275C and, according to specs, the shock bushings are 30mm bottom and 22mm top.

I've seen lots of folks go with 22.2 for the top, but also some using 21.85. What size should I go with for the top mount?

So, it appears you already know the swing link end will be NBKRWC30. If you are changing the front end as well, NBKRWC2185 is the one you need. I'm not sure there is enough rotation at that end to justify the expense, so I recommend you check that.

from a thread: Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME

these needle bearings seemed verry interesting to me and was clear that they rotate more freely, but somewhere i read about them getting dirt more easily ( now loggicaly does not matter as they are closed between the arms of the suspension ..) , but i also liked the offsetbushing idea so it was either A or B ..

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I did 2 hard rides with my new coil and it's awesome !!! Do you guys feel the stock setting is good for a starter ? I'm 165 lbs geared up and so far, I only added 1/2 turn of HSC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Using the app is pretty straight forward and you should be able to tell if if it needs lsc/lsr fairly easy out on the trail.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    yeah well the app doesn't work for me, when I enter my bike setup, I can't press next...something's wrong with the software

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by matc489 View Post
    yeah well the app doesn't work for me, when I enter my bike setup, I can't press next...something's wrong with the software
    I had trouble with the app as well. Wouldn't let me hit next for some of the questions and would often freeze. I reloaded it and same problems. Gave up and tuned by feel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'll also add that I have just over 100 miles on mine and no weird noises just great performance. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by romulin View Post
    Has anyone tried running this shock upside-down?

I am going to try it tomorrow and see how it fits onto the Canyon Spectral 2014.
    got 2 offset bushings in there and the coil touches the frame just a tiny bit on the bottom, or almost, depending how its turned.
    Of course i didnt order any normal bushings. Anyways it looks pretty tight so may not be about the bushings. will see
    Could you repress the lower offset bushing in with the hole at a slight angle? So that it pushes the bottom of the coil forward slightly, away from the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    Could you repress the lower offset bushing in with the hole at a slight angle? So that it pushes the bottom of the coil forward slightly, away from the frame.
    yes that crossed my mind too, however i dont have the tools to press the bushings out and wont go by hand.
    now its heads-down and works great !

i set it up by feel, not even counting clicks.
    the app does not work for me either (the screen is broken where the "add setup" button is)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    question : I read the quick tune sheet on cane creek and is it me or something's wrong with their terms ....

If the fork is bottoming out too frequently, add some more HSC.

If for example I bottom out while doing a drop, shouldn't I add more LSC, since drops and jumps are low speed compression events

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by matc489 View Post
    If the fork is bottoming out too frequently, add some more HSC.

If for example I bottom out while doing a drop, shouldn't I add more LSC, since drops and jumps are low speed compression events
    Landing a drop op jump is HSC, most things actually are. LSC is pedalling and moving your body.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123