On your left.
    Jan 2004

Can Fox 34 be adjusted to 100mm?

I don't want long travel on my 29er, just a stiffer fork chassis.
    M

Vorsprung Suspension
    Oct 2012
    It can, with some spacers. This particular mod is not FOX-approved, but it can be done. The most notable side effect of this is a lack of end-stroke ramp up. The full list of what FOX approves in terms of Float travel adjustment can be found here: 2013 Float 130 - 180 Travel Adjust

Notably, there is an Excel spreadsheet linked to on that page (direct link here - http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...assemblies.xls) that contains all the part numbers and combinations that FOX offer for reducing your travel. Reducing your travel that drastically however (given the minimum approved is 130mm), means that the compression ratio (ratio of volume at topout vs volume at bottom out) is also greatly reduced, which means that you need to adjust the fork's volume accordingly, in addition to using a suitable spring spacer. We have successfully spaced down 140mm forks as low as 100mm, but once again, be aware that if you aren't careful with how you go about it, there can be undesirable side effects including excessive bottoming out, knocking at topout or damage to your negative spring assembly.
    VorsprungSuspension.com - fully engineered suspension retuning & servicing in Whistler, BC.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Can Fox 34 be adjusted to 100mm?

Great info - thanks! My take-away is that it's possible and I'll be happy with the result, but I need to find an experienced service tech to do it. Any recommendations?
    M

Vorsprung Suspension
    Oct 2012
    Well I feel somewhat obliged to recommend Vorsprung Suspension, since that's me!

We do have quite a bit of experience with exactly this though. Email me at steve at vorsprungsuspension dot com and let me know what you need done.
    VorsprungSuspension.com - fully engineered suspension retuning & servicing in Whistler, BC.