CTB
    mtbr member

Can anyone help with 2002 Marzocchi Monster T?

Hi all. I inherited a 2002 Marzocchi Monster T fork with one of my bike purchases. The manual is still online for this fork, but it isn't a model of clarity and doesn't clearly state what adjusters the fork should have. Can anyone help me with this: There are two adjusters on the right fork leg - a large, red anozided one, and a small one inside of that one that requires a flat blade to turn. The left leg looks the same; however, the red anodized one doesn't turn on that leg.

I thought the red one was spring preload and the smaller ones were rebound adjust. I also thought that both red ones would move - however, my left one does not move, and before I force it, I want to know if it really should move or not.

Anyone have or had one of these forks that remembers how they work? Thanks.

And yes, I'd love to change it to a newer fork, but that's not in the cards right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    Hi all. I inherited a 2002 Marzocchi Monster T fork with one of my bike purchases. The manual is still online for this fork, but it isn't a model of clarity and doesn't clearly state what adjusters the fork should have. Can anyone help me with this: There are two adjusters on the right fork leg - a large, red anozided one, and a small one inside of that one that requires a flat blade to turn. The left leg looks the same; however, the red anodized one doesn't turn on that leg.

I thought the red one was spring preload and the smaller ones were rebound adjust. I also thought that both red ones would move - however, my left one does not move, and before I force it, I want to know if it really should move or not.

Anyone have or had one of these forks that remembers how they work? Thanks.

And yes, I'd love to change it to a newer fork, but that's not in the cards right now.
    Large outer knobs are spring preload , inner are rebound.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Ok, so based on that I assumed that the knob that wasn't turning should turn. I did get it to move with a wrench, but it won't turn without a lot of hand force. Sounds like it needs gone over, but at least now I know it's supposed to move. Thanks!