mtbr member
    Feb 2014

We the people ... BOS Kirk - Low speed compression lock out lever

Hi guys,

I'm rinding my new YT Capra Pro with BOS Suspension and it gives me a big smile on my face

However, since riding a hardtail for the past 5 years and the suspension setup is far from finished ...

I'm not sure about one setting of the shock: It has a "Low speed compression lock out lever": When is the lockout active? Horizontal or Vertical Position of the lever. Trusting my senses: Horizontal = Lockout Off, Vertical = Lockout on

Hope someone else is riding a BOS Kirk here.

It's the red levler
    BOS Kirk - Low speed compression lock out lever-10505080_10201419469127401_3169162004712800144_o.jpg

Best Regards,
    Robert

mtbr member
    If the lockout works, wouldn't you be able to feel the difference a whole lot faster than it took to write this post?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I would not have asked, feels like Horizontal = Lockout Off, Vertical = Lockout On.

mtbr member
    Generally a lock out is just, a lock out. When engaged it should be very very hard to compress the shock. It is not a subtle effect like you get with lsc(low speed compression). I think what two-one was getting at is that you should be able to feel if the fork is locked out or not.
    If it doesn't have any change between the levers two positions then something may be amiss with the fork.
    Last edited by Kiwiplague; 07-24-2014 at 12:59 AM.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    #Kiwiplague, you're not thinking very Enduro with that reasoning. Like someother progressive companies, Bos won't implement anti-suspension in their suspension components. The Bos implementation will be more like the Cane Creek DBA climb switch; an increase in LSC damping to minimise bob but the suspension will not be locked out however the feature is labelled.

Robert, It might be quite a subtle effect if HSC is set close to wide open. Try setting HSC full clockwiseand LSC full anticloxkwise and then try it in both lever positions. It should be more obvious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by petercarm View Post
    #Kiwiplague, you're not thinking very Enduro with that reasoning.
    That's probably true. I was thinking more along the lines of a lock out being just that. Old (non Enduro) habits die hard!
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!