um... yeah
    Oct 2006

Bicycle Fabrications 2D suspension

Anyone seen this? Looks like it can move backwards on square hits, as well as in an arc.

Bicycle Fabrications unwraps its 2-D suspension design | Dirt Rag Magazine

Former Bike Wrench
    It will be interesting to see how it progresses, if it turns out to be a really effective system you can bet you'll see other manufacturers licensing the system. High-Five to the little guy for coming up with something new!

mtbr member
    Very interesting!

Broadly similar to the system used by Decathlon and Yeti, but using an elastomer to push the concentric pivot back into place, rather than chain tension. I hope they give you spares.

More importantly, the nicest looking steel frame since the Silencer.

"El Whatever"
    Meh for the suspension.

Sweet steel frame. What is the tape measure on the downtube for?

Somwhere, they mention the only thing similar of this frame with the Yeti and Ibis is that they use eccentric links. They rotate in different directions and with different purposes.
    Check my Site

moaaar shimz
    Seems like you would activate the rear axle path and elastomer with sag... so unless the square edge bump is a brake bump, I don't see the design working to it's intended purpose. If you hit a square edge bump over the surface, the elastomer is doing nothing.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    Seems like you would activate the rear axle path and elastomer with sag... so unless the square edge bump is a brake bump, I don't see the design working to it's intended purpose. If you hit a square edge bump over the surface, the elastomer is doing nothing.
    Agreed.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    Did you read the article...it was pretty specific about what angle of impact would activate the eccentric pivot and sag was not one of them. Also if you watch the first video he openly admits the system will feel crappy in the parking lot because it is designed around high speed DH runs.

My only question is that...didn't Maverick already have an up and back design with the Mono-Pivot?

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    Did you read the article...it was pretty specific about what angle of impact would activate the eccentric pivot and sag was not one of them. Also if you watch the first video he openly admits the system will feel crappy in the parking lot because it is designed around high speed DH runs.

My only question is that...didn't Maverick already have an up and back design with the Mono-Pivot?
    Yes I read the article.

Maybe the animation is misleading, but I guess that with your own weight you may be able to activate the elastomer as well, dunno..

What?
    I personally dont see this going anywhere. The idea is good in theory, but I dont see it working well in the real world.

I like that they are trying new things though,

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I bet that elastomer is pretty hard. It would need to be to keep chain tension from varying wildly over chatter and other small hits. It only comes in to play on big, square edges that try to hang up the wheel. I don't think you will see it come in to play at the sag point.