mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Best DUAL air setup for all mountain?

I just received a Reba rlt 120, and was wondering if there is a good way to set it up for all mountain riding. Is it better to have more air in the negative then positive or what?
    I take up to 3 maybe 4 ft drops and don't really need a whole lot of small bump compliance seeing that I ride a hard tail anyways...
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Personal preference. Ask 10 similar weight riders on the same trails and get 10 different pressure settings. I prefer 15psi more in the pos. than negative - firm fork that doesn't dive or eat travel.My buddy likes an auto pilot pebble eater so he runs equal pressures. Don't be afraid to experiment Pull out the pump on your favorite trail and run different psi for free.

mtbr member
    Definitely need to experiment to find what works for you. I like 10-15 psi more in the neg on a 120 fork. This does make the fork more active on small bumps (big plus for me) but it also makes the spring more progressive (another plus). On a neg biased setup, both pressures need to be raised considerable to maintain sag. You also have to reduce the neg pressure to equal or less if you make changes to the positive. I consider a pos biased setup more XC'ish and never liked it.

Think of it this way. A pos bias is like a soft spring with high preload, and a neg bias is like a stiff spring with light preload. The later is more suitable for an all mountain setup imo.

mtbr member
    There is a long dual air setup thread somewhere that has some spring curves for different setups. This will show you what they look like on paper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm520 View Post
    There is a long dual air setup thread somewhere that has some spring curves for different setups. This will show you what they look like on paper.
    Thanks, Ill see if I can find it.