mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Best 100-120 MM Cross Country Fork

Tell me what you love that fits that bill and why. I am running a Marzocchi at the moment that I really like because it is plush and quiet, curious what others are running. This will go on a 26inch steel MTB and only running 1 1/8th in steerer. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Rock Shox Reba. Light, stuff, seemingly infinite adjustments.
    My garage is a revolving door of bikes, wheelsets, & frames
    www.mtbdeals.com

waiting for a piece (.45)
    +1 for the Reba.... got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket? Get a SID!!!!!

mtbr member
    The best SIDs are not available in straight steerers, unfortunately, and the best Fox was discontinued in 2012-- the Float 32 120mm RLC. You can probably still find a new one on Ebay or searching the web. I bought mine in July from Ebay for ~$650. (Edit: I see it on Universal Cycles for $680, so you can definitely get one.)

I really like the adjustability. I have mine setup to be plush enough over roots, but enough compression to mitigate nearly all brake dive and I can land 2' of air and not bottom out.

I don't know what Marzocchi you have but if it's a Micro 44, I am not sure this is a good value upgrade unless you're fighting brake dive or something that you can't solve. I would put the money into a good wheelset or save it up for a FS bike instead.

Gumnut Peddler
    I am running a Float 32 120mm RLC, and couldnt be happier.

Depending on what bike you have, it may not be worth throwing a massive amount of coin at 'the best' shock, as this will set you back a fair chunk of change.

mtbr member
    Manitou Minute 100mm ABS+ .I love this fork.Very light,super plush,easy to set up and it is reliable.Picked it up new from Ebay for $250. Installed on '06 GF Advance.