mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Beginner deciding between Recon Silver 29 tk and Reba rlt

I am a fairly new rider with a decent wad of cash to spend. I am looking at a bike with a recon silver 29 tk fork and another with a reba rlt. I am curious if this Reba is going to be too much maintenance for me. I want a fork that will last a long time with little maintenance. I am fine with getting the local bike shop to get them to help me set up the reba but I really want something that I am going to be able to just have set up and leave it alone. Which one is more durable. I would like to be able to keep the forks for a while and not continue dumping money into forks. I would imagine there is about a one pound difference between the two which doesnt seem like much. I right now ride on a pair of rst Gila forks and they seem just fine. I have no idea which fork is for me. I can't just test them out.

mtbr member
    The Reba has been a go-to fork for years now. You might find the dual-air a nuisance at first, but the damper on the Reba is better and the dual-air isn't so bad once you get it dialed in to your liking.