mtbr member
    May 2005

availability of upgrade cartridges for 2012 Zoke 55 R

I just purchased a 2012 Rocky Slayer that comes stock with a marzocchi 55 R. Does anyone know if compression or air spring cartridges are available after market or can they be ordered directly from marzocchi? Trying to avoid the cost of an entire fork. I love the chassis the 55 offers but the base model is lacking in tuning capabilities. Thanks for any info. Jesse

TSC
    Buehliever
    Craig, at Avalanche Racing Products, is trying to make an Avalanche Advantage Fork Kit for the Marzocchi 55. To do this he needs 10 or more Marz 55s to analyze (i.e. take measurements of). Without an adequate sampling (10+ forks) the fork kit for the 55 won't happen.

I volunteered my 2010 Marzocchi 55 Micro Air Ti Fork to the cause. (That makes 3 or 4.)

Note: I don't know if Craig will reimburse shipping, but he will probably hook you up if he doesn't. Personally, I didn't ask; as my fork needs an oil change and I doubt he, in good conscience, would put the old, black goop back in.

Avalanche Downhill Racing, Inc.
    12 Davidson Road
    Colchester, CT 06415-1600
    USA

Phone 860-537-4306 Fax 860-537-8260

Here's the thread about it (from the Knolly forum): Avy'd Marzocchi 55
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    I think you could drop an RC3 cartridge into it. I got a price from Marz in North Vancouver for the RC3 for $150. It's a good cheap upgrade. If you wanted a shim stack damper you could go for the RC3 EVO, but for more coin.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ran the 55 RC3 EVO last year. Really good damper. REALLY good.

Curious if the Avalanche is better and why?