Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    thanks, chuckb77,   This plane is what you asked for, finally!!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS
    .I had already mounted the mechanism so that puts the plane, but thanks to you, I confirmed that this is all right, thank you friend, goodbye.

mtbr member
    Sweet, glad I could help, enjoy the rebuilt fork!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thanks chuck...i followed the fox service path on your previous post...and found what I needed (not exactly but used the diagram for the 32mm talas II) I also talked with a fox service tech and I think I can make it work. Will try to rebuild it over the weekend. Hopefully it will work..Thanks again..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Great info. subscribe

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks a lot for this tutorial. Just serviced my whole Talas III unit because mine didn't adjust as it should (got 160-145-130 instead of 160-130-100). Appearantly all my o-rings were in good condition. I noticed a lot of oil coming out of the talas leg and Talas system (about 50cc's) which caused (I pressume) the Talas function not working properly. (I rode with 40Psi and I'm a 185 Lbs bloke). Now I have about the right pressure (60Psi) and the full 160mm's of travel. Before I had 'only' 150.
    Thank's a lot, cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    If anyone is still out there watching this thread, perhaps you can help!

I have a set of 2010 36 TALAS RC2 that I bought cheaply. The travel adjust does not really work at all (it adjusts in about 10mm when on 100 setting). I've bought the TALAS II seal kit so am going to attempt the repairs detailed in this thread to check all the o-rings etc. The main thing I'm not sure of is the 5 ml of Float Fluid that is mentioned a couple of times (ie. page 1 post no. 13/14). Where exactly does this go? actually in the tube with all the o-rings? When is best to add it - does it migrate past the o-rings once they are installed? If some one could explain how is best to lubricate all the bits that go beyond the take-down that Fox details that would be much appreciated.

Actually one other question: I have never actually used a pair of TALAS forks (and mine don't see to work right!) so I don't really know how they are meant to work - if you turn the adjust dial should the travel reduce on one pump of the forks or do they need pumping a few times?

Thanks,

Tim

mtbr member
    The Fox service site has all of the details for servicing the TALAS system. Be patient, watch for small springs and balls and follow the directions carefully.

Click the lever, push down. It should stay down.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    The Fox service site has all of the details for servicing the TALAS system. Be patient, watch for small springs and balls and follow the directions carefully.

Click the lever, push down. It should stay down.

mk
    Thanks for the help but previous posters in this thread have gone beyond the stage you get to in the TALAS service that Fox recommend. In order to remedy their travel adjust problems they have had to strip down the tube containing all the o-rings and valves (the tube with the inspection windows; 36 TALAS 160 Topcap Assembly: 820-05-052-KIT (3) )

For what it's worth I had a go yesterday and was partially successful having gone from 160-160-150 to now 160-150-120! I didn't actually strip the tube down containing the o-rings as I had the correct colours showing in the inspection ports and also I couldn't find anything to poke everything out with as the tube-off-a-spray-can I had put aside turned out to be too fat.

I'm still stumped by the instructions earlier in the thread to fill the o-ring tube with 5 ml of float fluid as when I tried the oil just pours out of the hollow set screw at the end (and inspection ports)!?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    This is a fantastic informative thread, but for some reason, I'm not able to see any of the images / thumbnails that people are attaching. Any idea how I can see them? Have they been removed?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyo5 View Post
    This is a fantastic informative thread, but for some reason, I'm not able to see any of the images / thumbnails that people are attaching. Any idea how I can see them? Have they been removed?
    They were there until a week or two ago. Around that time on one occasion when I tried to view the thread I got a message about scheduled forum maintenance or something and I think that coincided with them disappearing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That's a shame. Thanks for letting me know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have some issues with TALAS adjustment in my fork. The problem seems to be connected with proper position of seals and red/brass/blue tubes. Even though I can see all colors through holes there is something wrong. When i change the travel from 120 to 140 there is about 12-15 mm change but if I go down to 100, then change it to 120 (pump few times so to be sure the fork gain its travel) and then go to 140 then the change is about 18-20mm.

1) What I'm interested in is the brass part. It seems to have holes and in certain position the holes in talas rod (used to inspect colors) and the holes in brass part can be inline and you can't see brass color! Does it mean the brass part should be a bit lower or a bit higher so the holes do not be inline? I found thet even slight change of the parts position inside the rod can have significant meaning to how entire system behaves.

2) The small spring (at the and of the rod) is another story. Does anyone knows what would change if I screw it harder (deeper into the rod)?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mudia.pl View Post
    I have some issues with TALAS adjustment in my fork. The problem seems to be connected with proper position of seals and red/brass/blue tubes. Even though I can see all colors through holes there is something wrong. When i change the travel from 120 to 140 there is about 12-15 mm change but if I go down to 100, then change it to 120 (pump few times so to be sure the fork gain its travel) and then go to 140 then the change is about 18-20mm.

1) What I'm interested in is the brass part. It seems to have holes and in certain position the holes in talas rod (used to inspect colors) and the holes in brass part can be inline and you can't see brass color! Does it mean the brass part should be a bit lower or a bit higher so the holes do not be inline? I found thet even slight change of the parts position inside the rod can have significant meaning to how entire system behaves.

2) The small spring (at the and of the rod) is another story. Does anyone knows what would change if I screw it harder (deeper into the rod)?
    Hello there!
    1) I believe that it does not make any difference if you see the brass ring holes or the brass color in the middle hole. Unless you do not see the black o-rings it should work fine.
    2) The small spring works as to tension all things in their place so that they do not move when you change the travel. try to harder it a bit. Not too much!
    Also change all the small o-rings inside and better change the complete tallas o-ring. I think that your problem will be fixed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4