mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Argyle RCT for an all mtn hardtail?

Ive been slowly building up my hardtail, and holding off with purchasing a fork cause i keep changing my mind. looking for something in the 130-160 range. realistically i think 160 might be too much, i keep hearing that 160 on a hardtail makes the handling start to go to crap.

So ive been seriously considering a revelation lately. i think 150 would be just right for DH, and lowering it to 130 would be great for climbs and DJ.

But! what i really want is to get the new x fusion slant fork, it seems pretty damn ideal for what im looking for. but it wont be coming out for some time.

so my next option is to get something a little cheaper, and experiment a little until i can get the slant. so i was thinking of going with a lyrik or a vengeance at 170mm travel just to try it out. but thats too expensive for experimenting.

the argyle actually seems like a quality fork that would work well and i might just want to keep. plus i could use it on future bikes. and i really like the idea of having a simple, solid, fixed position fork.

i ride a lot of AM, will be doing some resort DH,(nothing too gnarly, i have a full sus for that) some DJ. really a little bit of everything.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    bump

mtbr member
    If you were going with the Argyle, you might be happier with a U-turn Sektor. They're almost the same fork but the Sektor will give you the ability to lower it down to 120/130 with the U-turn knob.

Sektors are just Argyles with aluminum steertubes and slightly different dampers (though this can be debated).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    so if i were to go with a sektor, why not go with a revelation? in terms of just performance is there any advantage to a sektor over a revelation?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsa101 View Post
    so if i were to go with a sektor, why not go with a revelation? in terms of just performance is there any advantage to a sektor over a revelation?
    The Revelation always seemed like a racier fork, whereas the Sektor is simple and bombproof. If you've got the extra cash for a Revelation, it would be well spent on a lighter chassis, better damper, and more tuneable air spring.