mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Anyone used or know anything about DNM forks?

Hi all

As the title says, has anyone here ever used a DNM fork? What were your impressions?

I am able to get a used one for really cheap (+- $40).
    It's one of the USD (upside down forks) with 130mm travel (as advertised but think it's a USD 120mm).

Also if anyone has a service guide/manual or knows what the internals look like that would be a help too.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i found some tidbits but all from tiawan..... they are a burly looking fork !! sound like a decent fork... looks like they do more PIT BIKE stuff than anything else.... got a pic ????
    Last edited by qkenuf4u; 11-25-2009 at 07:35 AM.

ntj
    guidedbybicycles
    I had a 180 USD a long time ago, and I think 120 is similar.

They are pretty straight forward to service. The seals undo pretty easily - they just screw off from the shock body, and usually you can just pack them with slick honey and you're good to go. If you need to do an oil change, there's a sealed cartridge inside the fork. It is also simple to undo.

The design of those forks means that stantion scratches don't matter - nothing is going to leak and stop functioning as there is no bath oil, and they usually only lose performance when the stantion grease dries up. There are plenty of better forks out there, but for the money they get the job done ok.

≈ > ♥
    I rock a 120 on my urban/jump bike. Have had it a few years now...
    It's definately worth the $40 you're paying.

Air sprung, and has rebound adjust. The adjust works, but has only half a turn from full open to full closed.
    I've had no issues with mine, but have heard about the top cap on some flying into the riders face on harder hits. Check your threads.

mtbr "member"
    had a bombshell wicked wendy fork years ago. Carbon shell, Made by DNM. 120mm USD fork. Only got 100 mm travel. bushings went in about 2 months but damping worked great. $40. Worth it. The price I paid (too embarrassed to say), not.

REEK

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

"DNM Torch" mountain bike front shocks

I have "DNM Torch" shocks on my Motiv Vortex dual suspension mtb. I know everyone says this bike sucks but it's been awesome. I'm not a professional racer and it does everything I need like riding trails, going up curbs, etc. I'm not about to do any crazy dangerous jumps because that would just be too dangerous for me (on any bike.) The bike has been super reliable, but now I'm getting curious about the parts on it and learning more about mtb parts. I know a lot about old school BMX but not much about mtb parts.

So I'm curious about these "DNM Torch" front shocks and their specifications and if I can remove the dust cover on them to get a more modern look. Can they be upgraded? Serviced?