Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dontcha?

Anyone have seat time on new Roco Air TST R / RC World cup?

Just curious, if anbody has had any seat time on one of these bad boys? I like my ROCO WC coil on my old bike alot..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah.... I have a Roco TST Air.

It's gone back for warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    on an 06 tranny DB - okay so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Yeah.... I have a Roco TST Air.

It's gone back for warranty.

what went wrong?

mtbr member
    2nd that, what's wrong with it? I've heard many good things about the performance of the ROCO series but man, their track record for QC, CS and reliability is terrible.

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    2nd that, what's wrong with it? I've heard many good things about the performance of the ROCO series but man, their track record for QC, CS and reliability is terrible.

yeah I loved my ROCO coil, now that I have a dhx 5.0 air on my new bike, I'm looking for an excuse to get an ROCO air..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    In fact .... I have had 2 Roco Airs go bung

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    In fact .... I have had 2 Roco Airs go bung
    Ok... I'll play... AM's first one failed due to poor lubrication. The lube used at factory went dry and one of the seals rolled over.

He didn't send the second in for the autopsy.
    Check my Site

solid gold plated
    does anyone know if its easy to take the air can off? i ask as if i were to purchase one i would need to reduce the stroke slightly.
    a message of inspiration from your friends at yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top!

dontcha?
    bump, anyone else?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by da_eddio
    does anyone know if its easy to take the air can off? i ask as if i were to purchase one i would need to reduce the stroke slightly.
    It looks not more difficult than any other shock today... The Roco Air R from last year has a really fed up design in that regard, but current ones look just like any other shock.

Service overall looks easier too.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding
    Just curious, if anbody has had any seat time on one of these bad boys? I like my ROCO WC coil on my old bike alot..
    I have one. I think it's a great shock if you want a linear feel w/out a platform. It feels like a coil but with a lot of ramp up in the last 1/3rd of the stroke. The air volume is huge, so works with low pressure compared to a fox. I think it would be ideal for heavy rider having problems bottoming off jumps etc.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm about to pull the trigger on one for my Heckler. But, reading this thread has made me a bit nervous about it. I might just cross my fingers and hope for the best. (Slight derailment of thread) Anyone know if I should get the TST or the World Cup for my Heckler?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    so after riding more - i can say that as my first air shock - i'm pleased with what this thing can do. Everything with what LAKESNAKE wrote - I second. I would double check the clearance prior to purchasing this thing because the canisters are huge and I really thought I wouldn't be able to put it on my rig. As for issues and problems, I've read about them - but so far i'm okay

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am liking the Roco Air TST R for my bike. I ran both air and coile DHX versions on my previous bike, and would have to rate the Air TST at least as good as the coil. Haven't had the chance to try any really fast runs, but on the slow technical, it's the real deal.

The shock is still pretty new, without too many rides on it, but so far so good with regard to any issues. I find I can set it up to perfectly match my RC2X on the front.

The other benefit I see, it to add an extra 10 PSI in the main chamber if you want to trail ride, then drop 10 psi to freeride. Yes the TST works from lockout to wide-open, but adjusting the main chamber can also be worked very well.

The lower air pressure as compared to the DHX makes it feel better. DHX-A pressure was 210-215psi, Roco Air TST 135-145psi.

One last comment, they look pretty cool to boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dontcha?
    damn convincing.. I'm a heavier dude, currently have a dhx5 air which i haven't had any seat time on yet and I'm already looking for an excuse to get rid of it... haha damn internet..

solid gold plated
    i cant seem to find any retailers in the UK selling them, have they been slow to release elsewhere too?
    a message of inspiration from your friends at yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i cant seem to find any retailers in the UK selling them, have they been slow to release elsewhere too?
    I picked mine up off a guy selling on eBay, he had every model and numerous sizes listed as well. I would have liked to get a better deal with buying on eBay and all, but it was still much cheaper than any LBS in Canada would list.

solid gold plated
    hmm, i think i saw that too, little bit sketchy with warranty going through ebay though right?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hmm, i think i saw that too, little bit sketchy with warranty going through ebay though right?
    I live in Vancouver, BC so we have a local Marzocchi service centre, so I have never had a problem this way. The eBay sale was done without problem and I received the new shock in short order. Especialy considering it had to go through customs at the US/CDN border.

My new bike came stock with a DHX-A, which did not even see a parking lot test as yet. I will keep it as a back up but that is about it.

One other shock you may want to consider is the Manitou Evolver ISX-6 air shock. A number of guys are running these on the Nomad's and can't say enough good stuff about it. They are close to the same cost as the Marz Air TST R, but the Manitou uses the 12mm shock hardware, whereas Fox and Marz use 10mm. I didn't want the hassle of finding the right hardware, so I just transferred the hardware from the Fox to the Marz.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall
    ...but the Manitou uses the 12mm shock hardware, whereas Fox and Marz use 10mm.
    They use 1/2" (12.7mm) hardware. But at any rate, you should have had to get new hardware.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    They use 1/2" (12.7mm) hardware. But at any rate, you should have had to get new hardware.
    Thanks Warp, okay the Manitou is 1/2" did I at least get the Fox/Marz correct at 10mm.

The only hardware I reused was the reducers & spacers, that are rather specific to the bike (Iron Horse 6 Point - another hardware standard that is being pushed). I can't remember if the Marz Roco came with DU's already in place or I put a set in.

Either way I didn't want to wait around trying to get some hardward for an ISX. Great shock from what I understand, just wish they would get their distribution and parts sorted out.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall
    Thanks Warp, okay the Manitou is 1/2" did I at least get the Fox/Marz correct at 10mm.

The only hardware I reused was the reducers & spacers, that are rather specific to the bike (Iron Horse 6 Point - another hardware standard that is being pushed). I can't remember if the Marz Roco came with DU's already in place or I put a set in.

Either way I didn't want to wait around trying to get some hardward for an ISX. Great shock from what I understand, just wish they would get their distribution and parts sorted out.
    I think I'm not following.... Marz and Fox use 1/2" hardware. I use the same reducers and DU's on my Float and my Roco.

Manitous were/are a riot. Some years/models use 10mm, others 12mm and it wouldn't surprise me if they are now 1/2"... but I don't know.
    Check my Site

solid gold plated
    fella's, any chance one of ya could please whip it off so we can get a confirmed weight?

ta

dontcha?
    fella's, any chance one of ya could please whip it off so we can get a confirmed weight?

ta
    I ended up getting one.. weighed it on my Park scale, it's heavier without mounting hardware than a DHX-A 5.0 with mounting hardware.. as for exact numbers, I'll weigh it again and give you exacts..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast