mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Anybody who can compare PUSHed Fox Float and Manitou Swinger SPV Air ?

Not considering the cost, has anyone been able to compare the 2 options I'm considering for my Superlight:

- PUSH-treatment for my 2001 Fox Float RC

- Manitou Swinger SPV Air (3-way)

Let's say I would be more focused on bobbing (or rather eliminating it) than on plushness

Thx
    Pieter
    The Flandrien in Québec...

12 Santa Cruz SuperLight
    00 Trek 7000 SS winter bike

%$#$*!
    I've used a Pushed Fox float (rl) with AVA and a Swinger 4 way, but on two different bikes so my experience with them is not an exact comparison but maybe will help you.

I used the Pushed float on a faux bar and the swinger on a single pivot. I like aspects of both shocks but overall I'd have to give the Push Float the win. I like my suspension setup very plush though. You can have Push set your platform very firm, however you will not able to externally adjust it once they do. On my RL they removed the lockout as well.

The 4way is nice because I can adjust the spv/platform for different trails. The Pushed float had a better feel on the trail and fast chop. The stroke had a more controlled, predictable action. The 4way feels great though on single small to medium sized drops due to be able to adjust the progression of the bottom out ( this feature is set on the 3way I think).

I would recommend the Push float unless you want to be able to adjust platform all the time. If not, get Push to set it up with very firm platform and you'll be stoked.

Are you talking to me?

PUSH the Float.

YOu will have to drop the lockout lever, but it will not be missed.

THey will do a WERKS tune for your weight, style, and frame type.

www.pushindustries.com
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    YOu will have to drop the lockout lever, but it will not be missed.

THey will do a WERKS tune for your weight, style, and frame type.

www.pushindustries.com
    Oh and how do the 2 shocks compare, I reckon you have experience with both ?
    The Flandrien in Québec...

12 Santa Cruz SuperLight
    00 Trek 7000 SS winter bike

Do It Yourself
    Not considering the cost, I would buy a RP23 from PUSH with the Factory Tuning and High Volume air can. But seriously, Santa Cruz has been using the High Volume sleeves on all their bikes for a few years now. I would make that a priority. Try to find one of an HV shock or sleeve and PUSH it as soon as financially possible.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member

Push vs swinger

I had a swinger 4 way on my Intense 5.5 and could never seem to dial it perfect. Was really nice but just had this feeling it wasn't right. As a present I got a Pushed RP3; put it on and it felt like butter. I can't explain it any better as I'm not a professional rider, it just felt smoother and much simpler to set up too.
    good luck

mtbr member
    I was going to ask a similiar question but it was a comparison between the Fox Rp23 and the Swinger 3 way. I have a Manitou Radium R which came stock on my XC 604 and was thinking of the two listed shocks above, however money does count for me. So if the Fox wasn't sent off to PUSH then what would the outcome be? SO far I was leaning toward the 3 WAY because they can be had for around $150. ALSO would this be huge upgrade from the Radium????

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyman
    I was going to ask a similiar question but it was a comparison between the Fox Rp23 and the Swinger 3 way. I have a Manitou Radium R which came stock on my XC 604 and was thinking of the two listed shocks above, however money does count for me. So if the Fox wasn't sent off to PUSH then what would the outcome be? SO far I was leaning toward the 3 WAY because they can be had for around $150. ALSO would this be huge upgrade from the Radium????

Unless you're having serious bob/squat problems, the SPV on the 3-Way is about the only thing you are adding over the Radium R. If you aren't having big problems, the SPV will only detract from your small bump sensitivity. The big thing with the RP23 is the ability to turn the ProPedal off. And even the RP3, the ability to adjust the platform with the flick of the lever is a lot easier than adjusting air pressure like on the SPV 3-Way. I know the 3-Way is cheap but there is a good reason. It's not that great of a shock. So if you're don't have any major complaints with the Radium, save your money.
    Long Live Long Rides

TNC
    noMAD man
    Generally I would pick the 4-Way Air for simple single pivot bikes like your Superlight and take a PUSH'd Float for pedal efficient designs like VPP, Maestro, etc. If you're just going to compare a 3-Way Air, then I'd take the PUSH'd Float overall. In those Swinger Air shocks, I'd choose nothing less than the 4-Way Air. It has more valuable tuning features to adjust to a wider array of bikes and riding. Now, if you're talking about a Float RP23, you can get that shock in a 7.875 X 2.25 to get a little more travel out of the Superlight which adds another potential benefit to your choice.