mtbr member
    May 2012

Anybody running Recon Silver TK 29 air fork?

My Carve Expert came with the Recon Silver TK SA SL 29, magnesium lower, butted 32mm Cr-Mo stanchions, 1-1/8" to 1.5" tapered alloy steerer, Solo Air spring, TurnKey damping w/ lock out and external rebound adj., 80mm travel fork.

I weigh about 250lbs geared up and currently have the psi setting at 190psi in the fork. The chart only got up to 220lbs @ 175psi. For my weight does that should about right?

Where should I put the rebound? In the middle?

Thanks
    2012 Specialized StumpJumper HT Comp 29

Cereal Killer
    I've got the same fork, but at 100mm on my Trek Cobia. I'm at the same weight as you, and run mine at about 175 to 180 psi, and it works just right for me. So, yours at 190psi sounds close. I set mine at about 1 inch of sag. R.S. manual says the max pressure you can put in the fork is like 225 lbs, so you should be fine.

As for rebound, wherever it feels good for you. I have mine about two clicks from the fastest setting, and I like it there. Too slow, though, and it will start to pack up and not rebound fast enough for the terrain. From what I've been told, set it as fast to the point where it's just not too bouncy. If that makes sense. Fast enough to where it's not bouncing back so fast as to make it feel out of control. You'll just need to play around with it to find your sweet spot.
    Enjoy!

Former Bike Wrench
    Start at 80% of your riding weight in PSI and adjust accordingly to to get 20-25% sag.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the info
    2012 Specialized StumpJumper HT Comp 29

mtbr member
    I have the gold version and agree with all that has been said.