mtbr member

Any sub 140lb riders using reba rl? what settings?

I'm on a 29er HT with a 2012 reba rl, weight is 129 lbs. still struggling to get this fork feeling plush without bottoming out often. I get on my 26er HT with a 7 year old manitou minute 3 and its a smoother ride, at least till the rear hits. this frustrates me, cause I feel like I'm being robbed from one of the pros that 29ers have. the reba doesn't seem to compress fast enough. I ride XC, no jumps.

curious what other light weight riders are running, -/+ pressures and rebound knob setting?

thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Did you get an answer on this? I'd like to know this for my wife.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I won't be of much help, but thought I'd chime in.
    I weigh about 145lbs on a Reba 26" and it was one of the best forks I've ridden (Indy C, Fox F32 FIT). Is it a dual air unit? I had the negative pressure set at about 5-10 psi less than the positive which really help with small bump sensitivity and required less effort to get the stanchions moving. Try and set sag between 20-25% if you haven't already done so.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I think I ran 50+/55- on mine and had the rebound about 6 to 10 out from closed depending on terrain. I ran the gate around 4-6 clicks from full open and the comp about 20-25% open from closed. I'm assuming yours does not have the gate adjustment.

The fork was ok but nothing great. If you tossed about 5cc of gear oil on top of the air piston and checked/refilled it every couple of weeks the fork felt better on small bumps. It eventually makes its way down to the negative chamber. You just have to release the air to blow it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverbike View Post
    Did you get an answer on this? I'd like to know this for my wife.
    I've tried alot of different settings. maybe I expect too much. I wish I could demo a fox fork to compare, but fork demos don't exist. I'll probably send it to push in year or so and get a factory fork system, that way I know it'll be the best it can.