mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Any comments about Marz 44 ATA micro ?

hi guys, i'm currently using a Marz MX Pro Lo 08, but got a spare budget of $300 to change my front fork.

Maybe this has been asked before but , anyone care to comment about the Marz 44 ATA Micro and the Marz XC700 ?

I'm looking for a 100mm travel with Lock out and rebound setting for my bike,..

thanks...

Go back to school
    What year forks do you want to replace them with? Suspension varies year to year just like everything else so its important to note what year.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    currently i'm looking at the 2008 or 2009 models ? more likely 2008 models are they are cheaper....

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I like Marz forks, but I'd likely stay away from the 2008 stuff if I could.

I just (today) picked up a 2010 Marz 44 TST2 Air 29er QR15 (whew, that's a long name) for a 29er I'm building. It has the travel set at 120mm, but it can be changed to either 100, 120mm or 140mm by adding or subtracting spacers internally. It won't be done for a week or two.

I wanted the added stiffness of the thru-axle and if the TST cart is not that great it can be upgraded to the RC3. Supposedly the TST got revamped in the last year. I've had two other forks with TST so I know what I'm getting.

If you just want a good 100mm fork with regular QR, I'd look at the 2008 RS Tora 318 Solo Air (that model specifically as all Tora forks are created equally) that Pricepoint sells for $249. It has the Motion Control compression damper that can be locked out. It's not a hard lockout, but has a very small amount of travel when 'locked out'. Bang for the buck in that price range, I don't think it can be beat.

Lets RIDE!
    I don't think the 44 line or the TSTmicro started until '09.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    I like Marz forks, but I'd likely stay away from the 2008 stuff if I could.

I just (today) picked up a 2010 Marz 44 TST2 Air 29er QR15 (whew, that's a long name) for a 29er I'm building. It has the travel set at 120mm, but it can be changed to either 100, 120mm or 140mm by adding or subtracting spacers internally. It won't be done for a week or two.

I wanted the added stiffness of the thru-axle and if the TST cart is not that great ***it can be upgraded to the RC3. Supposedly the TST got revamped in the last year. I've had two other forks with TST so I know what I'm getting.

If you just want a good 100mm fork with regular QR, I'd look at the 2008 RS Tora 318 Solo Air (that model specifically as all Tora forks are created equally) that Pricepoint sells for $249. It has the Motion Control compression damper that can be locked out. It's not a hard lockout, but has a very small amount of travel when 'locked out'. Bang for the buck in that price range, I don't think it can be beat.
    ***Edit: The Marz 44 TST2 AIR QR15 29 cannot be upgraded to RC3 without replacing the lowers.