inner peace to make peace

New question here. AM hub, fork, and wheel build?

Looking ahead, i am planning to build a 2nd front wheel for AM riding, esp. for steep & rocky descends. My current wheel's old, over a decade, and I have noticed that the 9MM_QR fork of the 2004 Marzocch Z1 FR ETA 130MM (5.5#s) does flex at my weight, 230#, while descending on my steel hardtail.

Is there front disc hub(s) that can be used for 15MM QR, but later be fitted with a 20MM TA?
    Should I just skip the 15MM and go to a 20MM TA?

I want a sturdy and reliable fork in the 100MM to 120MM range, or a 130MM to 140MM range if the fork has on-the-fly travel reducer. I'd like coil, if I can find it.

Please recommend disc hub & fork and a rim that'll handle 2.5" 26er tire. I use a 200MM disc, Formula Oro Puro.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Future proof your front hub and buy a hub that offers conversion end caps / axles. There are plenty on the market ie. Hope, CK, Hadley, DT Swiss and many mid level hubs. I run a Stan's 3.30 that does QR, 15 & 20mm.