dude

Air Shock for Commencal Supreme 6?

Hi all,

I built and have been riding my commencal supreme 6 for the last season and really liking the bike. My current build is running in at about 36 lbs with a 36 TALAS 180 and some Transition revolution 28 wheels. I pulled my "xc" wheelset from another bike (Sun Chargers, lighter rubbers) and found that it's really not that bad for long pedaling days with 3000+ vert to climb.

I'm probably going to trade the 180 talas for a 160 at some point to lose 3/4 of a pound as I've been feeling that 180mm is a little bit overkill for my riding, but what I'm really considering is replacing the stock Coil Fox DHX RC2 with an air sprung damper. The shock is a 7.875x2.25 so there's plenty of options. Long travel air dampers I've seen include:

Vivid Air
    Monarch Plus
    ISX-6
    HL3
    DHX Air.

Also, I'm not sure what the leverage ratio of my bike is and how that influences my choice of damper or even specific compression tunes for each damper.

I'm happy with the rest of my component spec as they're all reasonably weighted (x9, SLX, shimano pro, etc...)

Attached pic of the bike for eye candy and no "this thread is useless without pix smilies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air Shock for Commencal Supreme 6?-p4pb6509668.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Not sure if you've decided, but to resurrect an old thread and answer your questions, I've been running a RS Vivid and it's been great. No discernible difference other than losing about a pound of weight off stock.

good luck.