mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Which air fork? XC 700 ATA or Revelation dual air

I am looking for a fork to replace my revelation u-turn coils on a cove handjob. The contenders (Due to price) are a revelation dual air (08) or a marzocchi xc700 ata (08). The marzocchis are slightly cheaper than the dual airs but there isn't much in it. I don't care about loads of adjustments(apart from rebound), I don't need travel adjust and don't use lockouts.
    The reason I want to change the u-turn coils is that the stock spring is way too soft for me and the hard spring is just too hard - the fork doesn't give me more than 80mm of travel.

I know everyone hates the xc700sl from 2007 but what the 2008 model?

mtbr member
    no idea about the XC700's but i really like the revs...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Revelation...no contest here.

mtbr member

xc 700 sl is good

If your just looking go to 130mm front travel for regular trail riding the xc 700 sl will do the trick at 3.6 lbs. but it's not the best choice for drops or jumps.
    Both myself (200lbs) and one of my freinds (215lbs) have been running them for an about a year. Not overly stiff laterally but plush (but don't use the factory settings)

I Like Bicycles
    My friend has a Rev., it's super smooth.

To me, Marzocchi is known for their thru-axle/AM/FR forks. For a light forks, I'd rather Fox or RockShox.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that you were wondering about the air ver. My friend actually has a coil Rev.

Anyways, my Vanilla was a litte harsh at first, after two months, it's now super plush. Did you break the springs in? You could save yourself some cash if you give the stiffer coil some time.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Smile

I have had the coil revs on the Cove for over 3 months and they have done >400 miles before that they were on a full suss bike so the spring should be broken in. I didn't really notice that much on the full susser as they propped the front up but on the cove I need the travel.
    Last edited by medshed; 09-18-2008 at 02:48 AM.