mtbr member

Add Lockout to 2001 SID Race?

I have a 2001 RockShox SID Race on my GT I-Drive Team. This is dual air with positive and negative air on the left fork leg. Their is a plain cap on the right fork. Is there anyway I can put a lockout on this fork? I believe the 2002 version of this fork has a lockout, but I don't know what I would have to change to make this work ( or if it can work at all).

THANKS!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I've got some pictures of the components of a SID Race 2001 here. If you look at the damper rod pic you'll see that the top of its also serves as a second positive air piston. To get the lockout version going you would need a completely new damper rod plus lockout top cap/assembly.

You may be able to use 11.4015.209.000 "RockShox SID Dual Air Motion Control Upgrade Kit" but you will need a new rebound damper rod. Take a look at the RS tech manuals for the '06 forks for the relevant part numbers.

There is still no guarantee that this would work if there were changes to stanchion lengths or internal diameters between years.

mtbr member
    Thanks TigWorld. I'll look for that kit.

mtbr member
    Here is the fork I have...