Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Adapter to use cantilever brakes Rock Shox

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Blizzard 
#1 ·
just wondering where i can find an adapter to beable to use cantilever brakes on newer rock shox. I have a older bike and thinking about buying a used fork off ebay but something newer than the original judy XC i have now. Seen some 98 SL going for under $50 but i would need an adapter to be able to use cantilever brakes.

#2 ·
JonBoy said:
just wondering where i can find an adapter to beable to use cantilever brakes on newer rock shox. I have a older bike and thinking about buying a used fork off ebay but something newer than the original judy XC i have now. Seen some 98 SL going for under $50 but i would need an adapter to be able to use cantilever brakes.
Don't they sell a cable hanger that you could put under the stem like we did on the old headsets?

#5 ·
those RS brake arches were made w/ or w/o canti hangers. I don't tink they were designed for a bolt on type of adapter and am unaware of an aftermarket canti adapter... not that I'm an expert.

You may just have to buck up for some inexpensive linear brakes (& lever(s)), at least for the front.

g'luck,
Serge
JonBoy said:

#7 ·
JonBoy said:
You can do what I am doing and upgrade your brakes to the v-brake. For cost savings you can do the front only. They make a thing called a Travel Agent to allow you to use your current brake levers with the new v-brakes. You can find them for about $15 each and probably find some good brakes on ebay for cheap as well. Just do a google search for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.