mtbr member
    Mar 2011

55RC3 EVO 2012 vs. 55 MICRO TI 2012

Anyone having experience with both forks? I have read a lot of threads here, but couldn't really find and comparison in terms of working.

I am considering buying one of the forks, but I am really doubting which one. I am 70 kg. without gear, riding enduro, aggressive AM, but I also climb often.
    On one hand the think that bothers me is related with the spring rate of RC3. I really couldn't find for what range of weights this spring is suitable. Do you think that I will be able to get the proper sag? And actually what happens adding air in there? Sorry for the stupid question but it will be my first time dealing with Mazocchi.
    On the other hand I read that 55 MICRO TI is not that plush, especially on the small things (I guess as all air spring forks). But there is no issue with the sag.

I really can't take decision on that.
    Which of the two is more reliable?

Thanks for your recommendations
    Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2011
    according to the manual, you will need to add some air for your weight. so you are not on the low side and will get correct sag of your liking by adjusting the air pressure.

You may have problem if you are under 55kg.

http://www.marzocchi.com/admin/downl...DOggetto=58437

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Im 80kg and are on a 2011 rc3 ti 55.

great fork. blows my old 36 float away. im running no pre load on the spring and no air ether and a stoked with the ride the fork gives. But after a run or two down a local steep Dh track i have upper the oil level by 5 ml and up the compression damping to see if i can keep it higher in its travel with out losing to much small bump performance.