mtbr member
    Sep 2011

2014 Rock Shox SID RCT3 Solo Air tuning?

Ok, so I've searched this to exhaustion. I have a 2014 SID RCT3 Solo Air. I'm clear on setting air pressure and have found that I like it around 95-97 lbs for my 155 weight. Typical of what I've read, where folks like it on the lower end or below manufactures suggested.

I've also played around with the rebound (rabbit/turtle) and feel good about that.

The three position lockout works great on my single speed, i mostly run it wide open but love the lock out option on smother climbs.

But what I cannot find anywhere is how the "low speed compression" dial is tuned. The +/- knob inside of the RCT selector.

I'm a suspension newbie, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    That's quite a high pressure for your weight. What sort of trails are you riding on?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hmm, I mostly ride the Greenbelt in Austin. It's fairly rocky with a decent amount of ledge drops. Based on the "fun-o-meter" red ring, I keep the fork just shy of bottoming out.

The posted guidelines I think are 90-120 psi for 140-160 lbs. rider. Figured at 95-97 psi I was towards the lower end and slightly below recommended.
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    The guide on my fork is fairly similar I think but I found it way too firm. I have mine at 80/70, it's a dual-air Reba, and that seems about right. And I think I'll be heavier than you, not weighed myself for a while, too depressing ;0) I don't do big drops at all, just small ones if I can't avoid them! ;0) Most people seem to find the suggested pressures too high.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I just got this same fork and would also like an explanation to the OP's question!