mtbr member
    May 2011

2014 Fox Floats now in Black ?

Just looking at the new 2014 34 Float 26 on the Fox website and the picture there shows the usual white fork. To the right of the description there's a PDF Catalog; in there it shows the Floats as Black. No, it's not the TALAS as you can see the adjusters.

Also, does anyone know the release date of their 2014 line? I'm waiting for a 2014 34 Float due to the changes in dampening.

http://www.ridefox.com/dl/bike/FOX-a...oster-back.pdf

aka greyranger
    I have heard that they are black, Im actually waiting on news of the release of the new pike

AOK
    mtbr member
    Chad at Red Barn told me they will come in black for 2014. Also said the ETA was end of May.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yep, black....very happy about that.

So the tough choice:

Fox - Take a chance that they improved the dampener, and hope it doesn't creak like my last couple have.

Pike - Not liking the black stanchions, never ridden one, sounds promising, probably won't creak.

mtbr member
    This Fox/Pike debate is going to get crazy in a few weeks time. I'm on the fence, and I'm sure many, many others are.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    This Fox/Pike debate is going to get crazy in a few weeks time. I'm on the fence, and I'm sure many, many others are.
    Maybe, but I bet those leaning toward Fox or truly in the middle would have jumped to Fox already purely due to availability (or X-Fusion Slant which is now available). The 2014 Fox is nothing to wait for: tiny incremental improvements. The Pike is something to wait for (like it or not it's different enough from current RS offerings).

I don't love the black stantions, but will be going Pike as long as there are discounts available online in the near term. Not going to pay $1k+ straight retail.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    About time they offered it in black besides OEM's getting em. Rock Shox should follow (at least with the 650B Revelation) as the regular fork is only available in white and the 2 position air in black.

Not a fan of the black stanchions on the new Pike but not a deal breaker and looks like a great fork (FYI dealer cost on that is between $646 and $716 depending on model) X-Fusion Slant and Sweep (650B) also look good and hundreds cheaper than the RS or Fox.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b