mtbr member

2014 Fox Float 120mm Travel Change

I opened my new 2014 Fox Float 29. I want to lower the travel by 10mm. I see that the air spring has changed. I have older travel spacers for Fox forks and don't know if they will work on my 2014 fork. Anyone?
    Last edited by mtbnutty; 02-18-2014 at 10:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Anyone?

This is the air spring. On older forks I'd put the spacer (shown at the bottom) between the spring and the piece with the blue stripe. On my new fork the spring snaps into the piece with the blue stripe so it doesn't seem a spacer would go there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Fox Float 120mm Travel Change-air-spring.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Just wondering if you ever figured this out? Not much info about shortening travel on the 2014 models. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackisabella View Post
    Just wondering if you ever figured this out? Not much info about shortening travel on the 2014 models. Thanks!
    Not quite. My LBS told me I MIGHT need P/N# 234-04-444. Yet they can't tell me what it looks like and where it goes on the air spring. Fox says they are back ordered on that part. I have yet to find any other info on the part or how it installs.

I can't believe how limited info is on such a simple change.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Have you tried just calling Fox? They are pretty awesome at answering the phone, answering questions, and filling small parts orders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Have you tried just calling Fox? They are pretty awesome at answering the phone, answering questions, and filling small parts orders.
    Yes, I called Fox and was told that p/n#234-04-444 is a good number but it was not currently available. I asked about what the part is or where it goes and was transferred to a service tech. The tech told me to send the fork in for evaluation. WTF?

mtbr member
    Summer bump.

Maybe someone has figured out how to lower the Fox 32 120mm to 110mm?

Old Codger
    Sep 2014
    Not sure if this thread is still being watched but I have a similar enquiry (I.e. to shorten travel in my case from 140mm to 120mm). I found a UK spares supplier and have enquired as to availability of the Travel spacer for the 2014 model Fox Float 32 CDT forks, which has a newly designed float air spring compared to earlier year models. I have done some research and as far as I can tell, to shorten travel, you need to buy what is called a shuttle bumper. These seem to be 10mm in length and you can stack them up to reduce travel in increments. Once you have dropped the lowers, the bumper/spacer is the first bit you remove from the air side upper once you have taken the retaining clip out. On my forks this consists of 2 bits snapped together - this is them separated:
    2014 Fox Float 120mm Travel Change-2014-09-02-00.03.51.jpg
    In this image, you can see the 10mm spacer is the smaller part. With this single 10mm spacer snapped onto the larger piece this reduces travel from 150mm to 140mm. To decrease travel further, you snap on more of these smaller spacers as required.

I have not yet been able to find a supplier for these spacers/shuttle bumpers, but remain hopeful that Mojo will respond to my enquiry which I left with them today.
    This is their link to older model spacers (definitely not suitable for the 2014 model float forks): Travel Spacers

I'll post as soon as I hear back from Mojo. Watch this space!

Cheers, Paul A
    Last edited by athertop; 09-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Paul,

I do believe that the spacers shown in the link are for older forks. Please let us know what Mojo says.

Old Codger
    Sep 2014
    As promised, here's the info to order the spacers:

Email orders@mojo.co.uk asking for p/n 234-04-444. This is the 10mm spacer I posted image of previously. So I need 2 of these to reduce my travel by 20mm.

Cheers, Paul