mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2013 Rockshox SID XX Solo Air adjustments/fitting

Got my bike home after having this shock installed and can't find how to adjust to my weight or what to actually adjust. Unless I've missed it, it's not even on their website. How do I fit this fork to me?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It's only got a pos air chamber filled through the schrader valve on the top left fork leg. There will be a cap you screw off first and underneath that is the valve. Set the fork up with whatever pressure will give you 20-25% sag and tweak from there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    And setting up rebound on the bottom? What's best way to do that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Start with rebound in the fastest setting and the lockout off. Find a good, smooth fast corner you're comfortable attacking repeatedly. Keep adding more rebound damping until the bike feels nicely settled mid corner and through the corner exit. If you've got too little rebound damping the bike will want to push wide on exit, if you have too much then the bike will feel like it wants to "knife-in". If in doubt, too fast rebound damping is always better than too slow.

How many clicks of rebound someone else is using will not be applicable to someone else, so pretty much ignore anyone who suggest a certain number of clicks as a great rebound setup. The SID rebound adjuster is not accurate from fork to fork and how much rebound damping you need is entirely dependent on how you ride (how much weight on the bars, how you smoothly you transfer that weight on braking, how hard or smooth you apply the brakes, how smoothly you stop applying the brakes, how much you use your arms to absorb bumps etc.).

If you change your pos air pressure then you may need to re-adjust your rebound to suit (typically more damping with higher pos air pressure).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Huge help. Thank you. I'm about 210-215 and put the pressure at 135lbs. Seems like a lot. Is the guide on the fork not super accurate?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Those guides are very rough. If you set the pressure by the desired sag % then you can't go wrong.

mtbr member

No good

Hi Guys,

I just got a brand new Sid XX 2013 100mm with G2 for my Superfly 100 and I got some problems:

First xloc wasn't working, it came locked and I had to do a bleed.
    Second I'm finding the psi suggestions very off, I'm 200lbs and 135psi is way too much.
    And the most strange one, how do I look at the SAG chart?

Look at the picture below, it seems they printed one sag for 80mm, 100mm and 120mm, but mine is a 100mm and the 0% on black chart is not on the beginning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It's a 120mm fork. There won't be 120mm sag gradients on a 80/100mm version. You need to either return it or buy a new 100mm air rod. On the older pre 2013 models you would just add in a couple of 10mm all-travel spacers.

mtbr member
    Are you sure? Can anyone with the 2013 100mm version confirm if the sag chart printed only show 80 and 120?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I can't be sure. What you need to do is download the SRAM 2013 parts catalog and take a look in there for part numbers. See if there is a difference between part numbers for 80/100 and 120mm 2013 uppers. If there is then you have your answer. Otherwise, just pull the fork apart and measure.