mtbr member

2013 FOX CTD Float 29 100 for XC racing opinions

Hi,

I was just looking to get opinions from other XC racers about the new CTD forks. I just ordered one but I am seeing mixed reviews on these forks. Most of the opinions are coming from more trail oriented riders who are running a different fork than the 32 100. I am coming from a Sid XX. I am moving to a 15 TA so I thought I'd give the new Fox a try. I weight 165 and with the Sid I would just lock the fork and turn threshold a little soft so if I hit something hard it would blow through but otherwise usually locked. Opinions would be great. I've searched this forum and googled like crazy.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've had a bunch of Fox forks the last couple years, and currently have a 2013 F29 100 ctd on my singlespeed. The "climb" mode is not really tuneable like the RLC models "lockout" mode. It just sets the fork to the firmest compression setting. There was much more of a true locked-out feel with the RLC models, and adjusting the threshold was a nice option. I still like the fork, but would probably have gone with a terralogic fork if I had a chance to do it again.

-Gabe