Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I've had a Marz 55 evo ti on order for some time now. It was my original intention to sell the Fox 36 (2013 160 talus RC2 w/ Kashima) for the Marz. I should see it in a couple of weeks (was originally told end of November). I guess it taking a bit longer to get things ramped up at the new factory).

I considered the X Fusion but the axle-crown height in 10 mm taller on an already tall fork (same travel). I plan on climbing a lot on this bike (quite a bit of steep terrain in my area) so I'm sticking with the Marz. I've owned Marzocchi's before it's just been a while.

There is one change to the 2013 model. The 13' model includes the RC3 piston/cartridge. Taken from the 888, this supposedly allows you the ability to play with the shim stack more easily. May be considered a minor feature by many though.

I'll post some info when a get the new fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBiscuit View Post

There is one change to the 2013 model. The 13' model includes the RC3 piston/cartridge. Taken from the 888, this supposedly allows you the ability to play with the shim stack more easily. May be considered a minor feature by many though.

I'll post some info when a get the new fork.
    Interesting. I was under the impression the 55RC3 has been using the same 888 RC3 cartridge for a couple of years - hence the 55RC3 ti description. Is there a new RC3 cartridge for 2013?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Your right about the RC3 designation. The guy I spoke with a Marzocchi USA said there was a change to the new piston assembly to allow for easier tuning. Haven't spoke with him for a while and the details are a little fuzzy but I'm fairly certain he referenced the 888 for comparison. Can't remember any of the specifics as I doubt I'll have to mess with it anyway. Sorry if I misled anyone. Maybe someone else can clarify for us.

I would snag a 2012 model if I didn't get deals on the new stuff. Hopefully the 13' models are as nice as the 12's were.

moaaar shimz
    There are three iterations of RC3 damping. RC3, RC3 Evo and RC3 Evo V.2.

RC3 is just like a RC2 cartridge, sealed open bath with a plunger piston.
    RC3 Evo has a removable compression assembly from the bottom and retains a plunger piston.
    RC3 Evo V.2 has removable compression assembly and a shimmed rebound piston (allegedly).

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBiscuit View Post
    Your'e right about the RC3 designation. The guy I spoke with a Marzocchi USA said there was a change to the new piston assembly to allow for easier tuning.
    That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post

RC3 Evo has a removable compression assembly from the bottom and retains a plunger piston.
    RC3 Evo V.2 has removable compression assembly and a shimmed rebound piston (allegedly).
    What is the benefit of a shimmed vs plunger piston?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    How do you delete posts?
    Last edited by seanpatrickb; 01-09-2013 at 12:11 AM.

wuss
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    To my knowledge X-Fusion has Vengeances in stock right now. 2012's, but as someone mentioned pretty much the same as the 13's.
    Is it really? I thought 2013 get's a coating similar to Kashima on fox forks?

X Fusion Shox - HLR Coil

Seems like a pretty big deal to me

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop View Post
    Is it really? I thought 2013 get's a coating similar to Kashima on fox forks?

X Fusion Shox - HLR Coil

Seems like a pretty big deal to me
    That is what I heard as well.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

moaaar shimz
    No Gold Slick Ano for 2013.

mtbr member
    No Gold Slick Ano for 2013.
    You sure about that? The trade show talk, said all the forks were going to have the Gold Slick.

wuss
    So does their site, all interviews and marketing material.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I've been talking to John at X-Fusion and he confirmed they were having manufacturing difficulties with it and will not be doing it for the 2013's.

mtbr member
    Ah bugger, as always tacubaya knows more than me.

wuss
    I've been talking to John at X-Fusion and he confirmed they were having manufacturing difficulties with it and will not be doing it for the 2013's.
    Well that might not be the best marketing strategy, there might be a lot of interested people like me holding out for the new models to be released, and expecting they will be like described on their site and all the release news published around the internet. Some shops are even taking pre-orders based on this info...

I've been thinking the increase in price would not be so bad due to so big improvements, how will that make people feel after months of wait? Better to inform customers asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop View Post
    Well that might not be the best marketing strategy, there might be a lot of interested people like me holding out for the new models to be released, and expecting they will be like described on their site and all the release news published around the internet.
    Hmmm... I agree. I would hope they update their site or confirm this. It's always cool to see stuff ahead of time... but this is one of those reasons I wish manufacturers would make sure the product they start advertising is going to be the product they sell.

mtbr member

Bingo.

2010/2011 55's were RC3
    2012's were RC3 Evo
    2013's are supposed to have the Evo v.2 if they ever show up.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just ordered a 2012 Vengeance, so they definitely still have some. This is from X-Fusion USA. To be fair about the anodizing, it didn't seem to me like X-Fusion was highlighting or pushing it as a new feature for 2013 from everything I've seen. Just mostly said it was a future update they were looking into. I certainly agree they should take it off their site, though.

wuss
    Well on some 2013 presentation I read through they did seem to be making a pretty big deal out of it, and I'll admit I got a bit pumped up.

I give them a lot of respect for not pushing out a product who's quality they are not happy with even when it risks dissapointing potential customers, shows they have guts and will pick quality over deadlines.

What is the website address you are ordering from? I can only find their regular site with info only.

mtbr member
    Email or call:

X Fusion Shox - Contact

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    You could also order from one of their dealers. I had a great experience with dropnzone when I ordered my frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I don't like to hijack the thread but since it is the most recent in this fork category I would like to ask a question: Where are the 160mm coil forks????? Fox dropped the 36vanRC2, Rockshox is selling the LyrikRC2DH in Solo Air only, at least here in Europe, Marzocchi 55 is only in 170mm mode, Bos Deville is Air only, X-fusion is a 160 coil fork but with an A2C height of a 180... Is it really so hard to find a 160mm coil fork???

wuss
    10mm won't make much difference. My 170mm coil lyrik a2c is closer to 545mm without spacers.

But I imagine the fork offerings reflect what people are buying, and few companies want to make low volume products.

wuss
    Their site still reads the following:
    http://www.xfusionshox.com/product/f...-hlr-coil.html
    For 2013 the Vengeance receives our brand new Gold Slick Ano stanchion treatment to ensure riders the smoothest, supplest ride on the market.
    Weird...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast