mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2013 Enduro Expert Carbon with dual-crown forks and coil shock.

As the title says, for more aggressive riding but with the lightweight frame of the Enduro, what should I consider if I decide to attempt and put a longer travel fork (dual-crown) and a coil-spring shock on it? Or is this a bad idea?

mtbr member
    I wouldn't go over 7" on the front of that bike. It rides great at 6" or 7". There's not much that bike can't take. I think I maxed out at 25 foot gaps and 10 foot drops to transition with a Totem on the front. You don't need a coil on the rear to do that and the bike is not designed for a linear air spring rear end. And it probably won't fit anyway. There is some non-standard fitment issues on that rear shock.

That's my fancy way of saying you'll have to Dremel some shiz.

I rode an Enduro at bike parks and dh all over the US last year and never felt like I was needing a lot more, even on some nasty stuff. Get some 2.5" tires, 7" max fork (single crown is fine) and go for it.

mk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Leave the long travel DC forks for dedicated DH sleds (most suffer weight penalties). Plenty of single crown forks that will fit the bill. Rear shock yoke is proprietary Special Ed stuff so no rear shock changes.

mtbr member
    You can run a Monarch Plus on the rear with some slight dremel work, as I mentioned. That's what I ran all last year on an Enduro.

mk

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    You can run a Monarch Plus on the rear with some slight dremel work, as I mentioned. That's what I ran all last year on an Enduro.

mk
    Could you tell me more about how to do this please? It's something I've been looking to doing to my 2013 enduro for a while. The Fox float shock just isn't enough.