Dirt Bike Craig

2012 Marzocchi 888 CR issue, need help

I just picked up a lightly used DH bike that came with a 2012 Marzocchi 888 CR fork. The issue I'm concerned about is the compression and rebound adjustments on the bottom of the fork dont click...they just turn somewhat freely.

Is this an indication that something is wrong internally? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    I just picked up a lightly used DH bike that came with a 2012 Marzocchi 888 CR fork. The issue I'm concerned about is the compression and rebound adjustments on the bottom of the fork dont click...they just turn somewhat freely.

Is this an indication that something is wrong internally? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks
    The compression knob on the bottom of mine is pretty tight and feels notchy (indexed)
    The rebound on top is smoother and has a wider indexing clicks.
    I haven't even riden the fork yet tho.
    Do the adjustments make a differrence when turned? Do you think they will stay where you set them, or do they turn to freely?
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

Dirt Bike Craig
    I just got the bike yesterday so I havent had enough time to see if turning them makes any difference. They turn freely enough that I'm afraid a rock would turn it and make changes.
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc