mtbr member
    Sep 2010

2012 Fox Float 36 160mm RC2 FIT CONVERSION

I just bought this ( w.w..w.pinkbike.com/buysell/683654/ remove ... in the address :P) I just don't understand what the guy did for the conversion from RLC to RC2, I talked to the seller but not the owner and he said it was a special order from Fox. Do you think it's from the new Float 2013 ? What do you think about that.. I think if the fork works greet it's perfect because the RC2 it's better than the RLC. But I just want your opinion about the conversion.
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    So far as I know, converting is as simple as removing the old damper and dropping in the new one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes it's simple I know, but what is the RC2 damper? Fox don't make the RC2 for the Float 2012 160mm , But they put the RC2 damper in the 180 mm version ,Van 2012 160mm, Float 2010, 2013 160mm

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It might be a damper out of an older 36 or one out of the 180mm version.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiespeed3 View Post
    Yes it's simple I know, but what is the RC2 damper? Fox don't make the RC2 for the Float 2012 160mm , But they put the RC2 damper in the 180 mm version ,Van 2012 160mm, Float 2010, 2013 160mm

Its just a different damper, it's not really that confusing. Its not that Fox doesnt (or didnt) MAKE the RC2 damper in the 160 Floats, its they didnt PUT the RC2 damper in the 160 Floats.

The RLC dampers have low speed compression adjustment and lockout, the RC2 dampers have no lockout but have high and low speed compression adjustments.

The RC2 damper on that fork should be a pretty cool customization, but it seems kinda lost on you as you dont even really know what you've got.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thank you for the reply, I know what I got, I wanted the 2013 only for the RC2 but I never know it was so easy to change the damper from the 2012. I just try to know which RC2 damper you can use in the 160mm 2012.

U $ 4 O?
    Van RC2 uses HBO = hydraulic bottom out

don't think you want RC2 w/ hbo on the float

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ View Post
    Van RC2 uses HBO = hydraulic bottom out

don't think you want RC2 w/ hbo on the float
    Is it the only way to do the convertion ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    if I look at this picture, http://www.ridefox.com/dl/resources/...ys-dampers.pdf I dont see why the HBO will affect the fork.

U $ 4 O?
    Float air spring is progressive, meaning it ramps up and gets harder as the fork compresses and this provides a lot of protection so you don't bottom out, you just don't need the HBO unless you have an under rated coil spring.

Probably only get 4" of travel with float air spring and hbo installed.. basically it would feel like you're bottoming out @ 2" before full travel

I think you should call the Fox #, great customer service and open to explaining any question you may have

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Inside the Fox RC2 Damper with this info I think I will be able to remove a little bit of BottomOut

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    rHello,

This will be possible in the future, but as the FLOAT 36 RC2 dampers are new for this year it is likely that the dampers will not be available for a couple months. Please contact your nearest FOX distributor for future parts availability.

*http://*www.ridefox.com/contact.php?...ide&ref=footer

Thanks,

Tom Karambela
    Aftermarket Sales Representative - Bicycle Division Fox Racing