mtbr member
    May 2012

2011 Rockshox Sid RLT Ti 100mm Fork

I potentially have a pretty good deal lined up for a 2011 Rockshox Sid RLT Ti 100mm Fork, to replace the stock SR Suntour XCT fork on my 2012 Hardrock Disc. Before I make the decision to purchase, I want to ask if this fork will hold up to the type of riding I do. I'm 220lbs geared up and ride whatever single track type trails I can find on and around Long Island. I find myself on trails that range from hardpack dirt, to gravel and sand, to the occasional roots and rocks. I do my best to hit a trail or 2 midweek, but ride mostly on the weekends.

Is the SID RLT Ti mainly a race shock? Will it hold up to usage as described above?

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    The SID is certainly designed as a race fork. But if you take care of it and keep air time to a minimum, it'll hold up. But you WILL need to maintain the fork, i.e. regular oil changes, etc. Just keep in mind that it is a cross country race fork. If you pick your lines, don't plow into everything in front of you, jump constantly, get big air, or do big drops, it'll be fine.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Exactly the response I was looking for Squash, thanks! I'm not into big drops/air, etc., so I don't think that will be a problem. Now I just need to think about long term maintenance on that fork (compared to others) if I decide to get it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Long term maintenance on this fork won't be any different than any others. Great thing about RS is they give you the info/tools/supplies you need to do the work yourself. Fox doesn't.