Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

2011 Reba RLT Ti 29'er "trail" fork - minimum internally adjustable amount of travel?

I need some intel on the 2011 Rock Shox Reba RLT Ti 29'er that comes stock at 140mm of travel. This is the black "trail" version, with the 20mm Maxle lite and the tapered steerer. What's the minimum amount of travel that this can be internally adjusted down to? The information I can find online is a little confusing - some places I've seen say that it can go down to 120mm and as low as 100mm, some say it's only internally adjustable down to 130mm and some say that it can only be internally adjustable down 20mm total (for a minimum travel of 120mm.) I know that there is a white version with the 20mm Maxle lite that is stock at 120 max travel and can be adjusted down to 100 and 80, but I'm looking at the black one that comes stock at 140mm.

Thanks.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Here's the photo sent by the seller of the specs on the side of the box. This appears to say it can be run as low as 100. If somebody could confirm that they're using this fork down to 100mm, that would give me a lot of comfort!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Reba RLT Ti 29'er "trail" fork - minimum internally adjustable amount of travel?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm running mine at 100mm.

mtbr member
    I got mine brand new and it came with 2 - 20mm spacers to drop it down to 100mm. My part number matches that of the box you attached.

Just fyi, make sure to check the maxle lite since mine tends to loosen up itself during a ride as well as off centered lowers, they were still an issue on the 2011. RS will warranty both these issues.

waiting for a piece (.45)
    I would like to confirm that they can be run at 100mm using two "hourglass" shaped spacers but I wouldn't recommend running it less than that unless your bike frame was designed around an 80-90mm fork. The changes in geometry begin to adversely affect the handling of the bike in extreme braking situations.

To get it to 100mm: get two hourglass shaped spacers, add them to the air shaft after you let out all of the air (both sides) and pull of the spring clip and bottom-out cap, the rubber doughnut is a top-out bumper, so don't loose it!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I'm getting this for my Jet 9...with the plan to get an Ibis Ripley next year - hence the need for 100mm now and 140mm down the road for the same fork. Thanks!

I'm more of a dog person
    i was wondering the same thing. some sources say 130mm minimum and some say it can go 120 and 100mm. i need 120mm so i'm leary of buying a fork that won't work for me.
    curious how the fork turned out for you. i noticed that you wrote you were talking about the tapered steerer but the seller's sticker you showed listed the fork as 1 1/8" steerer.