Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 Fox 32 Float 29 RLC FIT Fork sanction play

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  orbea82 
#1 ·
The other day I noticed a slight noise coming from the fork area while rocking my bike back and forth while the front brake was engaged. It almost feels like there is play in the drive side sanction tube? BTW...this is on my Tallboy carbon. One other thing, my Highball carbon has the same fork but in a 2012 and has this similar noise but less noticeable. It isn't bad but it just doesn't seem normal for the price I paid for these forks.

To note, I just serviced the Dust Wiper/Seal kit and torqued everything back to spec and the same feeling/noise is still present.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Send the sloppy fork in for warranty - Fox will replace the bushings or lowers. I had to send one in earlier this year for the same issue.

Fox might not cover the fork on the Highball. I have a new Float 150 CTD that also has a slight amount of knocking, but I'm not sure it's enough for Fox to be willing to do anything about it. I'm going to continue to ride my fork and address it if the problem becomes worse.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.