mtbr member
    Aug 2009

2010 RS Revelation Race Dual Air VS. FOX Float RL

Will be buying one of these forks for my 09 GT Force. This is my only bike and is used for XC/Trail/All Mountain. I'm 190 lbs with gear.

Both forks have 140mm fixed travel. Will be buying with standard QR dropouts. Found a great price on both forks and price is almost the same.

Does one fork have an advantage over the other?

I welcome personal experience and opinions.

GAME ON!
    i've had both (07-09 fox, '10 rev).the fox is stupidly easy to set up, the rev is more difficult, but not really difficult. it just has more settings. both are light, but i believe the rev is slightly lighter. the fox, to me, seems more solidly built. now, if you are asking about '10 fox fit damping, then i have no idea but it is supposed to be very, very good. my experience with the feel of the forks is that they are pretty simliar (i'm talking '09 fox vs '10 rev). the fox might have the slightest edge in smoothness. i sold my '09 fox to get a '10 rev but mostly only because the fox has a really good resale and i got the rev brand new for $320 shippedd and it had 10mm more travel. if i could get a brand new fox for the same price, i'd go with fox. but that in no way discredits the rev. you'd also have to consider whether the rev has blackbox moco or regular.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thank you, that info helps. A smooth sliding stiff fork are the most important qualities for me.

The FOX Float RL is the open bath (not FIT). I believe the only adjustments on that fork are rebound and lock out.

The Revelation Race has motion control (not black box). In additional to rebound and lock out, the Rev also has compression adjustment.

Will the Dual Air or compression adjustment make a big difference over the FOX Float RL?

GAME ON!
    it allows you to fine tune the feel. in reality, the float rl has no fine tuning capability. you put in the proper psi for your weight and go. that's it. the rev would be closer to a rlc.