mtbr member

2010 Reba SL 29er, too much sag

I have a 2010 Reba SL 29er with poplock. I believe it is currently set up at 100mm, I only have one of the two spacers on the dual air leg shaft. I added a little oil to the compression damper side because the lock out didn't seem to be working. That worked. But, when I don't have the poplock (lockout) engaged, it looks and feels as if I am getting too much sag. I would guess that it's sagging to where I have 50-60mm of available travel. I weigh 160 pounds, and the suggested air pressure for that weight is 100psi....positive and negative. I'm running about 115 positive and 110 negative. Any suggestions?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qtip
    I have a 2010 Reba SL 29er with poplock. I believe it is currently set up at 100mm, I only have one of the two spacers on the dual air leg shaft. I added a little oil to the compression damper side because the lock out didn't seem to be working. That worked. But, when I don't have the poplock (lockout) engaged, it looks and feels as if I am getting too much sag. I would guess that it's sagging to where I have 50-60mm of available travel. I weigh 160 pounds, and the suggested air pressure for that weight is 100psi....positive and negative. I'm running about 115 positive and 110 negative. Any suggestions?
    If you have any doubts about your travel, let the air out and see how far you can compress it.

Does the fork fully extend when un-loaded?

Measure the sag you are USING, not what you have left over.

If it really is set to 100mm, and you really are getting 40-50mm sag, add more air. The recommended air pressures are just suggestions, and pump gauges are not always accurate, anyway.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.