mtbr member
    Oct 2005

2010 Reba race 29er lockout question--

My LBS installed and setup the fork on my 29er and I think the compression and rebound were both about 110 PSI. I dropped the compression to about 98 and left the rebound as set and now when I lock the fork out there is about 1-1./2" or more of travel before it hits bottom. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

mtbr member
    those two air chambers are not the compression and rebound, they are the positive and negative sides of the air spring. If you dropped one end to 98psi then you should drop the other to about the same until you've read more on tuning the Dual Air system.

Lock out is separate from those air adjustments. The Reba is designed to have ~1/2 or so of travel when "locked out" so that it can still track the terrain a bit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I was looking on the Rockshox site for the manuals

but couldn't find them. I have not had a dual air fork before and the manuals that came with the fork are still at the LBS. I read somewhere here that you should lower the pressure on both and start with the negative first and then the positive, keep the negative a bit higher maybe 10 psi. Does anyone know the link to the Reba mauals?
    thnks

mtbr member
    there's some really helpful tuning info in this forum, I just can't remember which threads

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    All rockshox forks from about 2005 forwards have the air pressure chart sticker on the back of the fork leg.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ol-crank
    I read somewhere here that you should lower the pressure on both and start with the negative first and then the positive...
    Other way around; always start with the positive, and then do the negative.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I phoned SRAM and talked with Dan and he helped clear up

the positive/negative thing. Letting air out it is; Neg first- Pos second and inflating it's reverse. He also said not to inflate neg higher than pos. He also referred me to the chart on the fork leg as D8 said for a starting point. A thread from earlier explained that by inflating the negative higher than the positive would reduce the travel. Seems likely.
    Thanks all for the input.

mtbr member
    here's the "reba fine tunning" thread. don't read it as bible though. take the recommendations and see what works for you. if nothing else, it will help you understand how the dual air spring works.

Reba fine tuning

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

good reading - I think i have the neg/pos pressure ok now

Quote Originally Posted by ktm520
    here's the "reba fine tunning" thread. don't read it as bible though. take the recommendations and see what works for you. if nothing else, it will help you understand how the dual air spring works.

Reba fine tuning
    The next thing will be to figure out that thingy on the bottom of the right leg.

thanks all