Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91

    2010 Frost Bike: X-Fusion-Shox

    Here's some products to look forward to!












    John Valera
    USA Sales & Service
    X-Fusion-Shox
    jvalera@x-fusion-shox.com
    408-866-0188
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  2. #2
    newie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    191
    just curious, do you guys do any demo programs of your products in the bay area? all i've seen around is velvets and making a fork investment is scary without riding it at least once!

  3. #3
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    H3's and Vectors look yummy...

    I'd like to put some Mexico dust on one of those.
    Check my Site

  4. #4
    Go back to school
    Reputation: Bikesair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    648
    I just want to see some different colored knobs besides the same old red and blue combo.
    Die to ride, ride to die

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,116
    I second the call for a demo or two. I've been really interested in the Velvet for a while, but I have literally never seen one in the flesh here in the Southeast US. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever read a bad word about the fork. Do you guys ever let an LBS have product to demo from time to time?

    Or, if not that, how about some detailed tech/service info? It's an open bath fork, right? If I could be convinced that parts are easily sourced in the future and that the fork is easily serviced in the basement, that would be cool.

    OH! one more thing.....(I'm Columbo all of a sudden) what's the axle to crown in the 100mm configuration.

    I swear that is all.....
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    the only thing that puts me off their forks is the rather tall axle to crown measurement

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: killjoyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    575
    Hey John, what are the specs on the Velvet with a 15mm axle?
    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Santa Cruz Chameleon - Specialized Roubaix

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    I second the call for a demo or two. I've been really interested in the Velvet for a while, but I have literally never seen one in the flesh here in the Southeast US. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever read a bad word about the fork. Do you guys ever let an LBS have product to demo from time to time?

    Or, if not that, how about some detailed tech/service info? It's an open bath fork, right? If I could be convinced that parts are easily sourced in the future and that the fork is easily serviced in the basement, that would be cool.

    OH! one more thing.....(I'm Columbo all of a sudden) what's the axle to crown in the 100mm configuration.

    I swear that is all.....

    Hey Grant,

    We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program. As far as the Velvets & Velours are concerned they are not open bath systems at all. We use a cartridge based damper assembly. Easy to work with and no leaky seals!!! The A to C on our 100mm Velvet model is 479mm. Let me know if you have any more questions.

    John Valera
    X-Fusion Shox USA
    Sales/Service Mgr.
    jvalera@x-fusion-shox.com
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    24
    What's are the major differences between the Velour and Velvet?

    I've heard from my bike shop that their distributor will receive the Velour sometime in March, but they're not sure of the Velvet. Kinda curious if I should wait, that is, if the Velvet comes out later than that...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprider4Life
    Hey Grant,

    We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program. As far as the Velvets & Velours are concerned they are not open bath systems at all. We use a cartridge based damper assembly. Easy to work with and no leaky seals!!! The A to C on our 100mm Velvet model is 479mm. Let me know if you have any more questions.

    John Valera
    X-Fusion Shox USA
    Sales/Service Mgr.
    jvalera@x-fusion-shox.com

    what's the a to c on the 160mm vengance?

  11. #11
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    23,975
    Internals/cut-away pictures would be far better than the exterior, or at least real information about the internals.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  12. #12
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    what's the a to c on the 160mm vengance?
    A/C on the vengence, set at 160mm, is 560mm.
    It can be set at 100, 130, and 160mm of travel, nothing in between.
    John V. , this is what I was trying to convey in my e-mail. People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.
    ****

  13. #13
    err, 27.5+
    Reputation: AL29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    John V. , this is what I was trying to convey in my e-mail. People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.
    Renegade for the win
    X-Fusion has been pumping out some good products for a few seasons now and still there is very little information available. To people who scrutinize this stuff to make purchase decisions that is a no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

  14. #14
    err, 27.5+
    Reputation: AL29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprider4Life
    We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program.
    You may want to get in touch with Go-Ride and get some demo shocks out with them. They currently have Cane Creek, Fox, and Elka coil shocks available for demo. A Vector HLR would be a good one for demo as well
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

  15. #15
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.
    Yes. I actually like that your products look like being able to be rebuilt with no specialized tools for the job.

    You'd do great on talking more technical stuff, with details and such. Ride reports from everywhere are very good on X-Fusion stuff, but you could be a little more vocal about them.

    If you go down that route, don't try to be flashy. Most experienced riders think that simple, "traditional" shim stack systems are better than whatever "latest", "new" and "innovative" damping systems.

    I for one, have my eye on a H3 and it's on my short list.
    Check my Site

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eastpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    32
    My friend dissambled a Vengeance and took some pictures of its internal.
    You might not understand the Chinese description, but those pictures should tell a lot.

    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/grumps67/8479753

    This is an awesome fork. Make me want to throw my Pike away.

  17. #17
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Wow! Nice looking internals!
    ****

  18. #18
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Wow! Nice looking internals!

    Indeed. Even the rather basic shown shock is all shims!

    Nice!

    Linked some images...











    This is the kind of thing that would drive me to get one of these! And sure they look nice!
    Check my Site

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,116
    So from that link it looks like there is an Enduro kit that fits.....
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

  20. #20
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,654
    wow much different than i was expecting!!
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eastpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    So from that link it looks like there is an Enduro kit that fits.....
    Yes, the Fox 36mm kit would fit the Vengeance.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: killjoyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    575
    Hey John, just wanted to thank you for your help. I mounted up the Vector HLR on my Nomad tonight and I'm seriously impressed. The large LSC knob is easy to adjust even with gloves on and doesn't require lady fingers to adjust (like the RC4). Good job with the spring rate too. I was worried the 300# spring might be too soft, but the sag was dead on.

    For anyone looking for A to C measurements for the X-Fusion forks, it's on their website:

    http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/userfil...comparison.pdf
    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Santa Cruz Chameleon - Specialized Roubaix

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I for one, have my eye on a H3 and it's on my short list.
    The H3 does look nice. I picked one up from John a few days ago and installed it on my large Pitch Pro. Using the 22x8 bushings the shock slipped right into place. I'm still working on getting it set up but did get the pressure in the main chamber set to my weight (195 in the chamber for my 260+ size) and tested out the lockout. The yellow lockout adjuster is easy to get to with the shock mounted piggyback up as John recommended.

    Hopefully the weekend rains will stop so I can get it dialed in on the trails.

  24. #24
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewmerz
    The H3 does look nice. I picked one up from John a few days ago and installed it on my large Pitch Pro. Using the 22x8 bushings the shock slipped right into place. I'm still working on getting it set up but did get the pressure in the main chamber set to my weight (195 in the chamber for my 260+ size) and tested out the lockout. The yellow lockout adjuster is easy to get to with the shock mounted piggyback up as John recommended.

    Hopefully the weekend rains will stop so I can get it dialed in on the trails.
    Dewmerz, what size chamber and how much psi did you put in the piggyback?
    I have two H3 shocks; limited time on them, but I'm digging them so far.
    ****

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Dewmerz, what size chamber and how much psi did you put in the piggyback?
    I have two H3 shocks; limited time on them, but I'm digging them so far.
    I picked up the 7.875x2.2 size. Initially I set the piggyback chamber at 150. The manual recommends starting at half the main chamber pressure but John recommended going higher. I'm going to get a email off later today to confirm if I should go up or down based on the location I'm riding in.

    I'm still new to mountain biking so I have a lot to learn.

  26. #26
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewmerz
    I picked up the 7.875x2.2 size. Initially I set the piggyback chamber at 150. The manual recommends starting at half the main chamber pressure but John recommended going higher. I'm going to get a email off later today to confirm if I should go up or down based on the location I'm riding in.

    I'm still new to mountain biking so I have a lot to learn.
    The manual I got with my shock was a generic x-fusion maual that didn't even cover the H3. I was told to keep a minimum pressure of 180 psi in there! I think you should give John a call and verify that low psi.
    ****

  27. #27
    err, 27.5+
    Reputation: AL29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,944
    Interesting. I thought all their piggyback shocks were 120-180psi with 150psi being the recommended pressure to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    I sent the email letting him know what I currently have it set at. I seem to recall him saying 200 which would be wrong if the range is 120-180 as AL29er stated. I'll post what I hear back if John doesn't come into this thread himself.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    John replied quickly (Thanks John) confirming for my setup he is recommending a minimum of 180psi in the piggyback and to start at 200psi. Looks like I need to get more pressure in there and then go back to the main chamber to see if it needs to be readjusted.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    A/C on the vengence, set at 160mm, is 560mm.
    It can be set at 100, 130, and 160mm of travel, nothing in between.
    John V. , this is what I was trying to convey in my e-mail. People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.

    Hey Renegade,

    Thanks for filling in the blanks about the Axel to crown. As far as the technical goods we are definitely working on it so we can provide everyone with info they are looking for. Our head Fork & Rear Shock engineer will be putting it together. We are a team of 4 currently in the US and we each have lots of work on our hands. We are working diligently to get the info needed for the masses. Until then......
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrien
    just curious, do you guys do any demo programs of your products in the bay area? all i've seen around is velvets and making a fork investment is scary without riding it at least once!

    Hey Adrien,

    Yes we have a demo program in the local bay area. We typical go through a few main shops such as: Trail Head Cyclery, Tread Bike Shop, Calabazas Cyclery, Evolution Bike Shop, Calmar Bike Shop, Passion Trail Bikes & Mike's Bikes of Los Gatos.....the list goes on. But we will be doing a DEMO day with Trail Head Cyclery on May 1st & 2nd and with Passion Trail Bikes in March. Or give you Local Bike Shop a call and have them contact us about acquiring our demo program. Hope that helps!
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Any 29er Fork from X-Fusion?

  33. #33
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    couple of H3 pics for you all:





    Twins!:

    ****

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: killjoyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    575
    Renegade: Nice. How are the H3's working for you? My Vector HLR is smooth as butter.

    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Santa Cruz Chameleon - Specialized Roubaix

  35. #35
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoyken
    Renegade: Nice. How are the H3's working for you? My Vector HLR is smooth as butter.
    I'm dying to get more riding time in on them, conditions and timing have not worked for me lately. The time change coming this weekend will help out.
    That HLR looks sweet.
    ****

  36. #36
    Crainius Maximus
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    283
    Gaprider,

    Do you sell (or can you build) an H3 shock with 7.875x2" length/travel for my Kona Dawg? I came across some information elsewhere on the internet that said this size is available (well, 200x51 mm), but I don't see it listed on your site.

    Thanks!
    -Jordan
    Last edited by TORO1968; 03-12-2010 at 01:17 PM.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by TORO1968
    Gaprider,

    Do you sell (or can you build) an H3 shock with 7.875x2" length/travel for my Kona Dawg? I came across some information elsewhere on the internet that said this size is available (well, 200x51 mm), but I don't see it listed on your site.

    Thanks!
    -Jordan

    Hey Jordan,

    Yes we do have a 200x51 option for the H3. Please contact your local bikeshop to acquire the product through us. If you have any issues please give me a call!!!



    John Valera
    X-Fusion-Shox USA
    408-866-0188
    jvalera@x-fusion-shox.com
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gaprider4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoyken
    Renegade: Nice. How are the H3's working for you? My Vector HLR is smooth as butter.


    Hey Ken,

    Your Nomad looks sweet!!!!! You should join our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6855517&ref=ts and post the images on your bike(s) there. Let's go ride soon!!!!

    John-
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.


    Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

  39. #39
    DB4L
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    133
    Do you have the O2 in 7.5 x 1.5?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •