Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

2010 Frost Bike: X-Fusion-Shox

Here's some products to look forward to!

John Valera
    USA Sales & Service
    X-Fusion-Shox
    jvalera@x-fusion-shox.com
    408-866-0188
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.

Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

newie
    Jan 2009
    just curious, do you guys do any demo programs of your products in the bay area? all i've seen around is velvets and making a fork investment is scary without riding it at least once!

"El Whatever"
    H3's and Vectors look yummy...

I'd like to put some Mexico dust on one of those.
    Check my Site

Go back to school
    I just want to see some different colored knobs besides the same old red and blue combo.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I second the call for a demo or two. I've been really interested in the Velvet for a while, but I have literally never seen one in the flesh here in the Southeast US. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever read a bad word about the fork. Do you guys ever let an LBS have product to demo from time to time?

Or, if not that, how about some detailed tech/service info? It's an open bath fork, right? If I could be convinced that parts are easily sourced in the future and that the fork is easily serviced in the basement, that would be cool.

OH! one more thing.....(I'm Columbo all of a sudden) what's the axle to crown in the 100mm configuration.

I swear that is all.....
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

mtbr member
    the only thing that puts me off their forks is the rather tall axle to crown measurement

mtbr member
    Hey John, what are the specs on the Velvet with a 15mm axle?
    Santa Cruz Bronson - Niner EMD9 Rigid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    I second the call for a demo or two. I've been really interested in the Velvet for a while, but I have literally never seen one in the flesh here in the Southeast US. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever read a bad word about the fork. Do you guys ever let an LBS have product to demo from time to time?

Or, if not that, how about some detailed tech/service info? It's an open bath fork, right? If I could be convinced that parts are easily sourced in the future and that the fork is easily serviced in the basement, that would be cool.

OH! one more thing.....(I'm Columbo all of a sudden) what's the axle to crown in the 100mm configuration.

I swear that is all.....

Hey Grant,

We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program. As far as the Velvets & Velours are concerned they are not open bath systems at all. We use a cartridge based damper assembly. Easy to work with and no leaky seals!!! The A to C on our 100mm Velvet model is 479mm. Let me know if you have any more questions.

John Valera
    X-Fusion Shox USA
    Sales/Service Mgr.
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.

Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What's are the major differences between the Velour and Velvet?

I've heard from my bike shop that their distributor will receive the Velour sometime in March, but they're not sure of the Velvet. Kinda curious if I should wait, that is, if the Velvet comes out later than that...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprider4Life
    Hey Grant,

We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program. As far as the Velvets & Velours are concerned they are not open bath systems at all. We use a cartridge based damper assembly. Easy to work with and no leaky seals!!! The A to C on our 100mm Velvet model is 479mm. Let me know if you have any more questions.

John Valera
    X-Fusion Shox USA
    Sales/Service Mgr.

what's the a to c on the 160mm vengance?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Internals/cut-away pictures would be far better than the exterior, or at least real information about the internals.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    what's the a to c on the 160mm vengance?
    A/C on the vengence, set at 160mm, is 560mm.
    It can be set at 100, 130, and 160mm of travel, nothing in between.
    John V. , this is what I was trying to convey in my e-mail. People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    John V. , this is what I was trying to convey in my e-mail. People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.
    Renegade for the win
    X-Fusion has been pumping out some good products for a few seasons now and still there is very little information available. To people who scrutinize this stuff to make purchase decisions that is a no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprider4Life
    We actually do have a demo program available for local bikeshops. Though it has been very limited due to product availability. Actually majority of our demo products are being tested by Magazine and OEM clients. Just have your LBS contact us for info regarding our program.
    You may want to get in touch with Go-Ride and get some demo shocks out with them. They currently have Cane Creek, Fox, and Elka coil shocks available for demo. A Vector HLR would be a good one for demo as well
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

"El Whatever"
    People want to know technical stuff about your products. It influences their buying descisions. Pictures of product externals is not enough.
    Yes. I actually like that your products look like being able to be rebuilt with no specialized tools for the job.

You'd do great on talking more technical stuff, with details and such. Ride reports from everywhere are very good on X-Fusion stuff, but you could be a little more vocal about them.

If you go down that route, don't try to be flashy. Most experienced riders think that simple, "traditional" shim stack systems are better than whatever "latest", "new" and "innovative" damping systems.

I for one, have my eye on a H3 and it's on my short list.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    My friend dissambled a Vengeance and took some pictures of its internal.
    You might not understand the Chinese description, but those pictures should tell a lot.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/grumps67/8479753

This is an awesome fork. Make me want to throw my Pike away.

Outcast
    Wow! Nice looking internals!

"El Whatever"
    Wow! Nice looking internals!

Indeed. Even the rather basic shown shock is all shims!

Nice!

Linked some images...

This is the kind of thing that would drive me to get one of these! And sure they look nice!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So from that link it looks like there is an Enduro kit that fits.....
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    wow much different than i was expecting!!
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    So from that link it looks like there is an Enduro kit that fits.....
    Yes, the Fox 36mm kit would fit the Vengeance.

mtbr member
    Hey John, just wanted to thank you for your help. I mounted up the Vector HLR on my Nomad tonight and I'm seriously impressed. The large LSC knob is easy to adjust even with gloves on and doesn't require lady fingers to adjust (like the RC4). Good job with the spring rate too. I was worried the 300# spring might be too soft, but the sag was dead on.

For anyone looking for A to C measurements for the X-Fusion forks, it's on their website:

http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/userfil...comparison.pdf
    Santa Cruz Bronson - Niner EMD9 Rigid

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I for one, have my eye on a H3 and it's on my short list.
    The H3 does look nice. I picked one up from John a few days ago and installed it on my large Pitch Pro. Using the 22x8 bushings the shock slipped right into place. I'm still working on getting it set up but did get the pressure in the main chamber set to my weight (195 in the chamber for my 260+ size) and tested out the lockout. The yellow lockout adjuster is easy to get to with the shock mounted piggyback up as John recommended.

Hopefully the weekend rains will stop so I can get it dialed in on the trails.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewmerz
    The H3 does look nice. I picked one up from John a few days ago and installed it on my large Pitch Pro. Using the 22x8 bushings the shock slipped right into place. I'm still working on getting it set up but did get the pressure in the main chamber set to my weight (195 in the chamber for my 260+ size) and tested out the lockout. The yellow lockout adjuster is easy to get to with the shock mounted piggyback up as John recommended.

Hopefully the weekend rains will stop so I can get it dialed in on the trails.
    Dewmerz, what size chamber and how much psi did you put in the piggyback?
    I have two H3 shocks; limited time on them, but I'm digging them so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Dewmerz, what size chamber and how much psi did you put in the piggyback?
    I have two H3 shocks; limited time on them, but I'm digging them so far.
    I picked up the 7.875x2.2 size. Initially I set the piggyback chamber at 150. The manual recommends starting at half the main chamber pressure but John recommended going higher. I'm going to get a email off later today to confirm if I should go up or down based on the location I'm riding in.

I'm still new to mountain biking so I have a lot to learn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast